Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Color ink out. Replace color ink cartridge. Press Enter to continue.

Re: Color ink out. Replace color ink cartridge. Press Enter to continue.

Donna Michaelson

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 09:15:06 GMT, Donna Michaelson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Look way left against the sidewall.
>A battery the size of a quarter is held in with a clip
>on a black plastic shell on a small brown circuit board.

I forgot to mention the battery was installed with the
MINUS side down (toward the circuit board) with the
PLUS side facing your head as you peek inside.

For my HP OfficeJet d145 printer, it's the stock HP
PANASONIC CR2032 3V battery (made in Indonesia).

Now I've got to get wrapping my kids presents too!
I hope you get your HP printer to behave before dawn.
Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Donna

Sharon Rumsburg

Donna Michaelson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 09:15:06 GMT, Donna Michaelson
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Look way left against the sidewall.
>>A battery the size of a quarter is held in with a clip
>>on a black plastic shell on a small brown circuit board.

> I forgot to mention the battery was installed with the
> MINUS side down (toward the circuit board) with the
> PLUS side facing your head as you peek inside.
>
> For my HP OfficeJet d145 printer, it's the stock HP
> PANASONIC CR2032 3V battery (made in Indonesia).
>
> Now I've got to get wrapping my kids presents too!
> I hope you get your HP printer to behave before dawn.
> Good luck and Merry Christmas.
>
> Donna

Maybe this will help.
http://www.alotofthings.com/supportf...010A5011A.html

Disabling or resetting the C5010A & C5011A ink Level Indicators.
(HP #14 ink cartridges)

Overriding the ink level gauge is a method developed by Hewlett Packard
for those who wish to refill or use recycled ink jet cartridges.
We recommend viewing your HP owners manual for your particular model to
determine the best method for you particular model and firmware version.
Information on disabling ink level gauge can be found either in your
owners manual or can be downloaded from Hewlett Packard web site.
(www.hp.com).
For printer models not listed below please refer to your owners manual
for disabling/overriding ink level gauge.

Refilled ink cartridges:
To install a refilled HP ink cartridge, you must override the Ink Level
Gauge.

HP INK JET MULTI-FUNCTIONS D125 / D135 / D145 / D155
Overriding the Ink Level Gauge disables the printerís ink level tracking
feature, but allows you to use a refilled cartridge.

Caution! If you use the override sequence described below, you will
disable the Ink Level Gauge for your ink cartridge. If you choose to
continue printing with an ink cartridge that has had its Ink Level Gauge
disabled, you will not know when the cartridge is running low or empty.
Printing with an empty cartridge may seriously damage your print heads.
Damage that results from continued use of an ink cartridge with a
disabled Ink Level Gauge is not the responsibility of Hewlett-Packard.
Damage that results from the use of non-HP ink is not the responsibility
of Hewlett-Packard.

The Ink Level Gauge is automatically reset when a different ink cartridge
is installed in the printer. Overriding the Ink Level Gauge does not
affect ink cartridge expiration dates. The printer cannot use an expired
ink cartridge.

Follow these steps to override the Ink Level Gauge:
To override the ink level gauge for the black ink cartridge
1 On the keypad press LEFT ARROW and RIGHT ARROW at the same time, then
release.
2 On the keypad, press in order, 7, 8, 9.
3 When the prompt appears asking if you want to override the ink level
gauge, press 1 for Yes, or 2 for No.

To override the ink level gauge for the tri-color ink cartridge
1 On the keypad press LEFT ARROW and RIGHT ARROW at the same time, then
release.
2 On the keypad, press in order, 4, 5, 6.
3 When the prompt appears asking if you want to override the ink level
gauge, press 1 for Yes, or 2 for No.

Always install an ink cartridge before performing an Ink Level Gauge
override.

To restore factory defaults
You can restore the original factory settings to what they were when you
purchased your HP OfficeJet. Choosing to restore your factory defaults
restores all settings, except copy settings, speed-dial entries, date,
and fax header information. You can perform this process from the front
panel only.

1 Press Menu.
2 Press 7, then press 5. This selects the Status and Maintenance menu,
then selects the Restore Factory Defaults option. The factory default
settings are restored.