Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony DSC-P100 Lithium battery (memory effect ??)

Sony DSC-P100 Lithium battery (memory effect ??)

Andy100

I have just got a Sony DSC-P100 for xmas with the NP-FR1 InfoLithium
battery. My query is (because i cannot see it in the instruction manual),
can i 'top-up' the charge on this battery, i.e. i don't have to wait until
it's fully discharged (like NiCd batteries) ?

Thanks and merry xmas !

Andy

Rudy Benner

Is the battery rechargeable?

"Andy100" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cqjanl$dsc$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have just got a Sony DSC-P100 for xmas with the NP-FR1 InfoLithium
> battery. My query is (because i cannot see it in the instruction manual),
> can i 'top-up' the charge on this battery, i.e. i don't have to wait until
> it's fully discharged (like NiCd batteries) ?
>
> Thanks and merry xmas !
>
> Andy

Harvey

"Andy100" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cqjanl$dsc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have just got a Sony DSC-P100 for xmas with the NP-FR1 InfoLithium
> battery. My query is (because i cannot see it in the instruction manual),
> can i 'top-up' the charge on this battery, i.e. i don't have to wait until
> it's fully discharged (like NiCd batteries) ?
>
> Thanks and merry xmas !
>
> Andy

Yes go ahead and charge it. You do not need to wait for NiCds either except
if you do not use the NiCd to its capacity then its capacity will be
temporarily reduced.

Andy100

Yeah Rudy, it's re-chargeable !

And Cheers Harvey for the info.