Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Maxxum 7D brochure - detailed

Reply
Thread Tools

Maxxum 7D brochure - detailed

 
 
Alan Browne
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004

For whomever may be interested, a detailed description of the 7D is available
(24 page pdf, 3 MB) at:

http://www2.konicaminolta.de/foto/7d..._guidebook.pdf

Yes, it is a marketing doc, of course, but it also has a pretty complete system
and accessories guide.

Cheers,
Alan
--
-- r.p.e.35mm user resource: http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm
-- r.p.d.slr-systems: http://www.aliasimages.com/rpdslrsysur.htm
-- [SI] gallery & rulz: http://www.pbase.com/shootin
-- e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Manzoorul Hassan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004
Thanx for the link. It's going to be a great help to me.

Unfortunately, I just realized that this camera, for the body alone, is
going for about $1,500 - $1,600 (

- manzoor

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
steven
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004

"Manzoorul Hassan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Thanx for the link. It's going to be a great help to me.
>
> Unfortunately, I just realized that this camera, for the body alone, is
> going for about $1,500 - $1,600 (
>


In Europe it's even worse: in October I got a quote of 1661 euro.
Prices seem to have dropped already, though this may just be Christmas
offers. I ordered it this week for 1300 euro.

Steven


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill Tuthill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004
Manzoorul Hassan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately, I just realized that this camera, for the body alone,
> is going for about $1,500 - $1,600 (


Yes, and for some reason I'm not very excited about the camera itself.
Antishake seems somewhat useful, but I've been doing photography for
many years, and have always managed to find enough light, and most of
my subjects move anyway, so antishake won't help.

The camera is awfully large and doesn't take standard AA batteries
(except with vertical grip, which makes it even larger).

Worst of all, it's partial frame, making my 24-50/4 a 36-75/4 lens.
I could spend twice as much and get a full-frame Kodak DCS.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ryadia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004

"steven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZTDyd.8403$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
>
> "Manzoorul Hassan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Thanx for the link. It's going to be a great help to me.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I just realized that this camera, for the body alone, is
> > going for about $1,500 - $1,600 (
> >

>
> In Europe it's even worse: in October I got a quote of 1661 euro.
> Prices seem to have dropped already, though this may just be Christmas
> offers. I ordered it this week for 1300 euro.
>
> Steven
>

Have you compared this camera to other offerings from other makers? Not the
price but the performance, I mean.

Doug


 
Reply With Quote
 
steven
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004

"Ryadia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "steven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ZTDyd.8403$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
> >
> > "Manzoorul Hassan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > > Thanx for the link. It's going to be a great help to me.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, I just realized that this camera, for the body alone,

is
> > > going for about $1,500 - $1,600 (
> > >

> >
> > In Europe it's even worse: in October I got a quote of 1661 euro.
> > Prices seem to have dropped already, though this may just be Christmas
> > offers. I ordered it this week for 1300 euro.
> >
> > Steven
> >

> Have you compared this camera to other offerings from other makers? Not

the
> price but the performance, I mean.
>


Well, I knew K-M would let us pay through the nose for this anti-shake
feature, but I find it difficult to place an exact value on that.
Most important for me is that I already have lots of Minolta glass for my
si800's.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Manzoorul Hassan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004
I am doing just that. At this time looking at the following:

* Nikon D70
* Canon Digital Rebel (EOS 300)
* Minolta Maxxum 7D

The Digital Rebel seems to be best bang-for-buck. Any other that I
shoul dbe looking at?

- manzoor

 
Reply With Quote
 
leo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004
Manzoorul Hassan wrote:
> I am doing just that. At this time looking at the following:
>
> * Nikon D70
> * Canon Digital Rebel (EOS 300)
> * Minolta Maxxum 7D
>
> The Digital Rebel seems to be best bang-for-buck. Any other that I
> shoul dbe looking at?
>
> - manzoor



At $630, body after rebate, DRebel is the best deal. If you're new to
DSLR, you can't beat it. Get it, learn with it and then upgrade later.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Manzoorul Hassan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-24-2004
Yes, the Digital Rebel does seem to be the best deal. Unfortunately, I
will also need to buy some lense and flash. With the Minolta I was
hoping to not need to do so.

- manzoor

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill Tuthill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-24-2004
leo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Manzoorul Hassan wrote:
>> I am doing just that. At this time looking at the following:
>>
>> * Nikon D70
>> * Canon Digital Rebel (300D)
>> * Minolta Maxxum 7D
>>
>> The Digital Rebel seems to be best bang-for-buck. Any other that I
>> should be looking at?
>>

> At $630, body after rebate, DRebel is the best deal. If you're new to
> DSLR, you can't beat it. Get it, learn with it and then upgrade later.


Especially if you apply the Russian firmware hack, then you get MLU
and other features of the 10D.

However to me the Pentax *ist-Ds is more attractive because it takes
standard AA batteries, and you can choose one of several lenses
that are better than the Canon 18-55/3.5-5.6 EFS kit lens. I mean
the Pentax 16-45/4 DA, the Pentax 24-90/3.5-4.5 (also works with film)
or the Sigma 18-125/3.5-5.6 DC (betting that the partial-frame DSLR fad
will end before your Sigma breaks, as they often do).

I don't really need a DSLR yet, because I found a lab that can make
3000x2000 scans of film for $7 a roll, and I have several good film
cameras, but so far the Pentax is the only DSLR I can imagine buying.
And I have three excellent Minolta lenses, and one good one.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
brochure printing,online yearbook,printing,books printing,publishing elie Computer Support 2 11-27-2010 12:12 PM
brochure printing,online yearbook,printing,books printing,publishing elie Computer Support 0 08-21-2007 05:52 AM
brochure printing,online yearbook,printing,books printing,publishing elie Computer Support 0 08-21-2007 05:50 AM
brochure printing,online yearbook,printing,books printing,publishing elie Computer Support 0 08-21-2007 05:28 AM
brochure printing,online yearbook,printing,books printing,publishing elie Computer Support 0 08-18-2007 10:11 AM



Advertisments