Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Making time lapse movies from photos

Making time lapse movies from photos

info@itchysquirrel.com

I have a series of photos that were taken from roughly same place each
day using a digital camera. I am looking for a way to stitch them
together into a time-lapse movie. Can anyone recommend any software for
doing this? Ideally the software would...

(i) help me to get the photos aligned.
(ii) convert them into an avi file
Any clues would be appreciated.

Itchy

dylan

try Paint Shop Pro Animation Shop (part of PSP), not sure about the
alignment bit though.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have a series of photos that were taken from roughly same place each
> day using a digital camera. I am looking for a way to stitch them
> together into a time-lapse movie. Can anyone recommend any software for
> doing this? Ideally the software would...
>
> (i) help me to get the photos aligned.
> (ii) convert them into an avi file
> Any clues would be appreciated.
>
> Itchy

Pete D

"dylan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cq9vqh$ug9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> try Paint Shop Pro Animation Shop (part of PSP), not sure about the
> alignment bit though.
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>I have a series of photos that were taken from roughly same place each
>> day using a digital camera. I am looking for a way to stitch them
>> together into a time-lapse movie. Can anyone recommend any software for
>> doing this? Ideally the software would...
>>
>> (i) help me to get the photos aligned.
>> (ii) convert them into an avi file
>> Any clues would be appreciated.
>>
>> Itchy

Post in rec.video.desktop

Jay Beckman

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have a series of photos that were taken from roughly same place each
> day using a digital camera. I am looking for a way to stitch them
> together into a time-lapse movie. Can anyone recommend any software for
> doing this? Ideally the software would...
>
> (i) help me to get the photos aligned.
> (ii) convert them into an avi file
> Any clues would be appreciated.
>
> Itchy

Adobe Premiere

dylan

I answered a question in here, thanks.

"Pete D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ht%xd.83376$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "dylan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cq9vqh$ug9$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> try Paint Shop Pro Animation Shop (part of PSP), not sure about the
>> alignment bit though.
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>>I have a series of photos that were taken from roughly same place each
>>> day using a digital camera. I am looking for a way to stitch them
>>> together into a time-lapse movie. Can anyone recommend any software for
>>> doing this? Ideally the software would...
>>>
>>> (i) help me to get the photos aligned.
>>> (ii) convert them into an avi file
>>> Any clues would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Itchy
>>>

> Post in rec.video.desktop

Phil Stripling

> I have a series of photos that were taken from roughly same place each
> day using a digital camera. I am looking for a way to stitch them
> together into a time-lapse movie. Can anyone recommend any software for

Another way to do it would be to save them as an animated GIF. Many of the
'movies' you see on popup ads are animated gifs. (Some sites still have
those little envelopes with a pen moving as an icon for email -- animated
GIFs.)

Pete D

"dylan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cqa1av$p1i$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I answered a question in here, thanks.

Sorry, and your point to this post was??? Sure I should have answered him
directly, sorry I missed, I am sure you will get over it in time. There is
other software that will do what he wants and the guys over at
rec.video.desktop will offer help just like you did here.

Cheers and have a happy holiday season.

dylan

Cheers, point taken.

"Pete D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:L50yd.83388$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "dylan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cqa1av$p1i$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I answered a question in here, thanks.

> Sorry, and your point to this post was??? Sure I should have answered him
> directly, sorry I missed, I am sure you will get over it in time. There is
> other software that will do what he wants and the guys over at
> rec.video.desktop will offer help just like you did here.
>
> Cheers and have a happy holiday season.

Pete D

Personally I would use Media Studio Pro or Vegas Video but I doubt that he
would want to spend that much.

"dylan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cqa6rb$48t$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cheers, point taken.
>
> "Pete D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:L50yd.83388$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "dylan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:cqa1av$p1i$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I answered a question in here, thanks.

>> Sorry, and your point to this post was??? Sure I should have answered him
>> directly, sorry I missed, I am sure you will get over it in time. There
>> is other software that will do what he wants and the guys over at
>> rec.video.desktop will offer help just like you did here.
>>
>> Cheers and have a happy holiday season.

ed

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I have a series of photos that were taken from roughly same place each
> day using a digital camera. I am looking for a way to stitch them
> together into a time-lapse movie. Can anyone recommend any software for
> doing this? Ideally the software would...
>
> (i) help me to get the photos aligned.
> (ii) convert them into an avi file
> Any clues would be appreciated.
>
> Itchy

Haha, here's another thing that Pro Show Gold rocks at!

Drag all your photos into the pro show time-line. Set them all to 0.1
seconds (or whatever frame rate you like) and click the Video button. POW!
So easy.

Remember guys, try setting a camera up on a tripod and then use the
INTERVALOMETER to record a time lapse sequence. It's great fun