Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital downloads

Digital downloads

-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

A friend took 22 new photos with her digital camera. Then downloaded
them to her computer.

Why are they so small when she downloads them to the Internet?

You can't see anything. They are real BIG on her Canon Browser. What
is KellyDD doing wrong??

Gene Palmiter

Check the properties of the files. Let us know the number of pixels for a
file. We don't have enough information to guess. Generally you need to make
a file smaller for the internet. Too small is not the usual complaint. Tell
us more.

"-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> A friend took 22 new photos with her digital camera. Then downloaded
> them to her computer.
>
> Why are they so small when she downloads them to the Internet?
>
> You can't see anything. They are real BIG on her Canon Browser. What
> is KellyDD doing wrong??

-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

This is the first time she has ever had pictures stay the same size..
File Size: 1761.K13
640x480 JPG
So Why are the posting 2in x 2in..??

http://forum.myredbook.com/dcforum2/...674a9adeb5.jpg

Joseph Meehan

-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo- wrote:
> This is the first time she has ever had pictures stay the same size..
> File Size: 1761.K13
> 640x480 JPG
> So Why are the posting 2in x 2in..??
>>

> http://forum.myredbook.com/dcforum2/...674a9adeb5.jpg

That image is line 190 x 170. It looks like a thumbnail image was
uploaded not the 640 x 480 image.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Alan Meyer

"-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> This is the first time she has ever had pictures stay the same size..
> File Size: 1761.K13
> 640x480 JPG
> So Why are the posting 2in x 2in..??
> >

> http://forum.myredbook.com/dcforum2/...674a9adeb5.jpg

Some commercial websites will automatically downsize images that
you post in order to conserve storage space. In this case, they might
have other commercial motives too.

Alan

googlegroups@sensation.net.au

Alan Meyer wrote:
> "-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > This is the first time she has ever had pictures stay the same

size..
> > File Size: 1761.K13
> > 640x480 JPG
> > So Why are the posting 2in x 2in..??
> > >

> > http://forum.myredbook.com/dcforum2/...674a9adeb5.jpg
> >

> Some commercial websites will automatically downsize images that
> you post in order to conserve storage space. In this case, they

might
> have other commercial motives too.

If they're trying to conserve space/bandwidth then they're not doing a
very good job of it - that relatively small (in dimensions) 144x192
image is 20kbytes!

Sir_Bazz

KellyDD is her name huh ?

If that name is any indication of her personal "measurements" then I'm
offering her a free "digital/internet" lesson at my place or hers.

bazz.

"-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>A friend took 22 new photos with her digital camera. Then downloaded
> them to her computer.
>
> Why are they so small when she downloads them to the Internet?
>
> You can't see anything. They are real BIG on her Canon Browser. What
> is KellyDD doing wrong??

So, um...Digital downloads vs. DVD? Derek Janssen DVD Video 6 03-18-2006 05:47 PM
batch downloads with firefox? Dennis J. Tuchler Firefox 4 07-15-2004 06:42 PM
Simultaneous downloads Tx2 Firefox 2 07-04-2004 06:44 PM
Mozilla Downloads - Single or Multiple joe webb Firefox 4 02-13-2004 06:29 AM

Advertisments