Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Which Compactflash cards are faster - Sandisk or Kingston?

Which Compactflash cards are faster - Sandisk or Kingston?

Zoom

Hi,

I want to purchase a 1GB Compactflash card for my Canon S410 and have heard
varying opinions about the speed of compactflash cards. Does anyone have
experience with Sandisk or Kingston in terms of speed difference?

Thanks

Zoom

Darrell

"Zoom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:JNVwd.495$fe5.484@trndny06...
> Hi,
>
> I want to purchase a 1GB Compactflash card for my Canon S410 and have

heard
> varying opinions about the speed of compactflash cards. Does anyone have
> experience with Sandisk or Kingston in terms of speed difference?

What versions? SanDisk makes several models in each capacity (as does Lexar)

Bill Hilton

>From: "Zoom" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>I want to purchase a 1GB Compactflash card for my Canon S410 and have heard
>varying opinions about the speed of compactflash cards. Does anyone have
>experience with Sandisk or Kingston in terms of speed difference?

Any card over about 32x will likely be faster than your camera so you probably
won't see much if any difference.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...e.asp?cid=6007 has performance data
for 20 cameras with a variety of cards (though not the S410) ... look at the
data and you'll see that say doubling the card speed from 40x to 80x might mean
as little as 5% increase in speed since the card is just waiting for the camera
to finish.