Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Analize your focal lens usage

Analize your focal lens usage

Paul van Andel

Hi All,

I've just upladed a free small program to analize the usage of focal lens
length.
Might come in handy
You can download it fom the site below (at the bottom right).
http://www.wega2.vandel.nl/

Greetings
Paul

Paul H.

"Paul van Andel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> I've just upladed a free small program to analize the usage of focal lens
> length.
> Might come in handy
> You can download it fom the site below (at the bottom right).
> http://www.wega2.vandel.nl/
>
> Greetings
> Paul

I suspect you meant "analyze." In English, the coined verb "analize" might
mean "to insert something in the anus." Not what you wanted to suggest, I
hope.

BTW, no flame was intended: I can guarantee you write English far better
than I will ever write Dutch.

Frank ess

Paul H. wrote:
> "Paul van Andel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've just upladed a free small program to analize the usage of focal
>> lens length.
>> Might come in handy
>> You can download it fom the site below (at the bottom right).
>> http://www.wega2.vandel.nl/
>>
>> Greetings
>> Paul

> I suspect you meant "analyze." In English, the coined verb "analize"
> might mean "to insert something in the anus." Not what you wanted to
> suggest, I hope.
>
> BTW, no flame was intended: I can guarantee you write English far
> better than I will ever write Dutch.

Another meaning of "analize" is "to imbue with the caracteristics of an
anus", often self-administered in these halls.

--
Frank ess

adm

"Paul H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Paul van Andel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've just upladed a free small program to analize the usage of focal lens
>> length.
>> Might come in handy
>> You can download it fom the site below (at the bottom right).
>> http://www.wega2.vandel.nl/
>>
>> Greetings
>> Paul

> I suspect you meant "analyze." In English, the coined verb "analize" might
> mean "to insert something in the anus." Not what you wanted to suggest, I
> hope.

Just to throw a pedantic hat into the ring, I actually suspect that in
English he meant "analyse".

Paul H.

"Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Paul H. wrote:
> > "Paul van Andel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I've just upladed a free small program to analize the usage of focal
> >> lens length.
> >> Might come in handy
> >> You can download it fom the site below (at the bottom right).
> >> http://www.wega2.vandel.nl/
> >>
> >> Greetings
> >> Paul

> > I suspect you meant "analyze." In English, the coined verb "analize"
> > might mean "to insert something in the anus." Not what you wanted to
> > suggest, I hope.
> >
> > BTW, no flame was intended: I can guarantee you write English far
> > better than I will ever write Dutch.

> Another meaning of "analize" is "to imbue with the caracteristics of an
> anus", often self-administered in these halls.

All too true and I must admit I've been guilty of "analizing" myself at
times, though I hope your comment was a general one and not meant to point
up yet another instance of that embarassing circumstance. The spelling just
tickled my funnybone.

Paul H.

"adm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Paul H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Paul van Andel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I've just upladed a free small program to analize the usage of focal

lens
> >> length.
> >> Might come in handy
> >> You can download it fom the site below (at the bottom right).
> >> http://www.wega2.vandel.nl/
> >>
> >> Greetings
> >> Paul

> > I suspect you meant "analyze." In English, the coined verb "analize"

might
> > mean "to insert something in the anus." Not what you wanted to suggest,

> > hope.

> Just to throw a pedantic hat into the ring, I actually suspect that in
> English he meant "analyse".

Ah, British English vs. American English! I bow to the linguistic
precedence, although the act of bowing might itself be considered
"analizing" of sorts, particularly if the bow is performed with the back
turned.

Frank ess

Paul H. wrote:
> "Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Paul H. wrote:
>>> "Paul van Andel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I suspect you meant "analyze." In English, the coined verb "analize"
>>> might mean "to insert something in the anus." Not what you wanted
>>> to suggest, I hope.
>>>
>>> BTW, no flame was intended: I can guarantee you write English far
>>> better than I will ever write Dutch.

>> Another meaning of "analize" is "to imbue with the caracteristics of
>> an anus", often self-administered in these halls.

> All too true and I must admit I've been guilty of "analizing" myself
> at times, though I hope your comment was a general one and not meant
> to point up yet another instance of that embarassing circumstance.
> The spelling just tickled my funnybone.

And rightly so.

It was a general and self-consciously pedantic comment.

Just for fun.

--
Frank ess

Paul van Andel

> I suspect you meant "analyze." In English, the coined verb "analize" might
> mean "to insert something in the anus." Not what you wanted to suggest, I
> hope.
>
> BTW, no flame was intended: I can guarantee you write English far better
> than I will ever write Dutch.

No problem, I've just uploaded a corrected version of the focal length
analyser

Greetings,
Paul

John McWilliams

Paul van Andel wrote:

>>I suspect you meant "analyze." In English, the coined verb "analize" might
>>mean "to insert something in the anus." Not what you wanted to suggest, I
>>hope.
>>
>>BTW, no flame was intended: I can guarantee you write English far better
>>than I will ever write Dutch.

> No problem, I've just uploaded a corrected version of the focal length
> analyser

Could you describe briefly how it works? (I'm onna Mac, so can't try it
out myself.)
--
John McWilliams

Paul van Andel

> Could you describe briefly how it works? (I'm onna Mac, so can't try it
> out myself.)

It scans folders (and subfolders) for JPG files with an EXIF header.
If the EXIF contains an 35mm equivalent (most camera's JPG's do) the
program uses this info for the graph.

If a folder does contain JPG's with EXIF but without the 35mm equivalent
tag, the program can calculate one, in this case you need to set the real
focal length and the 35mm equivalent factor (see manual of the camera) of
the used camera.

When the folders are scanned the program shows a graph of the result.

Greetings
Paul