Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Astrophoto Canon 10D vs. 20D

Astrophoto Canon 10D vs. 20D

eawckyegcy@yahoo.com

http://astrosurf.com/buil/20d/20dvs10d.htm

Wicked wicked wicked! The eye-poppers are the bias, thermal, and the
amplifier glow frames. Mongo! A while ago, I estimated -- based on a
~90 minute 10D exposure -- that the maximum vaguely useable
room-temperature exposure for a Canon 10D would be about ~5 hours from
the thermal frames I was observing. The 20D looks like it might be
able to push out to 8 or more. What has Canon wrought? How many
virgins were fed to the sacred alligators to achieve this?

Michael A. Covington

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> http://astrosurf.com/buil/20d/20dvs10d.htm
>
> Wicked wicked wicked! The eye-poppers are the bias, thermal, and the
> amplifier glow frames. Mongo! A while ago, I estimated -- based on a
> ~90 minute 10D exposure -- that the maximum vaguely useable
> room-temperature exposure for a Canon 10D would be about ~5 hours from
> the thermal frames I was observing. The 20D looks like it might be
> able to push out to 8 or more. What has Canon wrought? How many
> virgins were fed to the sacred alligators to achieve this?

Impressive!

Is it your impression that the 10D is about the same as the Digital Rebel?

--
Clear skies,

Michael A. Covington
www.covingtoninnovations.com/astromenu.html

MarkČ

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> http://astrosurf.com/buil/20d/20dvs10d.htm
>
> Wicked wicked wicked! The eye-poppers are the bias, thermal, and the
> amplifier glow frames. Mongo! A while ago, I estimated -- based on a
> ~90 minute 10D exposure -- that the maximum vaguely useable
> room-temperature exposure for a Canon 10D would be about ~5 hours from
> the thermal frames I was observing. The 20D looks like it might be
> able to push out to 8 or more. What has Canon wrought? How many
> virgins were fed to the sacred alligators to achieve this?

VERY interesting data and samples!
Thank you.

YoYo

I don't agree with that site because the 20D does electronic filtering more
then the 10D. Astrophotography with a 20D and you could be deleting stars as
noise

When I looked at the site the photos showed more star detail with the 10D
(to my eyes at least).
Good site though.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> http://astrosurf.com/buil/20d/20dvs10d.htm
>
> Wicked wicked wicked! The eye-poppers are the bias, thermal, and the
> amplifier glow frames. Mongo! A while ago, I estimated -- based on a
> ~90 minute 10D exposure -- that the maximum vaguely useable
> room-temperature exposure for a Canon 10D would be about ~5 hours from
> the thermal frames I was observing. The 20D looks like it might be
> able to push out to 8 or more. What has Canon wrought? How many
> virgins were fed to the sacred alligators to achieve this?

Chip Gallo

YoYo wrote:
> I don't agree with that site because the 20D does electronic filtering more
> then the 10D. Astrophotography with a 20D and you could be deleting stars as
> noise
>
> When I looked at the site the photos showed more star detail with the 10D
> (to my eyes at least).
> Good site though.
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
>>http://astrosurf.com/buil/20d/20dvs10d.htm
>>
>>Wicked wicked wicked! The eye-poppers are the bias, thermal, and the
>>amplifier glow frames. Mongo! A while ago, I estimated -- based on a
>>~90 minute 10D exposure -- that the maximum vaguely useable
>>room-temperature exposure for a Canon 10D would be about ~5 hours from
>>the thermal frames I was observing. The 20D looks like it might be
>>able to push out to 8 or more. What has Canon wrought? How many
>>virgins were fed to the sacred alligators to achieve this?

How about if you don't use the 20D's noise reduction for long exposures
and adjust the image in Iris only?

Chip Gallo
www.chipster.biz