Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Top 10 Digital Cameras for Serious Amateurs

Top 10 Digital Cameras for Serious Amateurs

gary_hendricks@digital-music-guide.com

Hi all

Here's an interesting article I found about the best digital cameras
for serious amateurs.

Check it out at:
http://www.basic-digital-photography...-amateurs.html
Regards
Chris

Chuck

when you see the Sony 828 in a top ten, you know something is wrong... And
the 10D is not available anymore.

<(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi all
>
> Here's an interesting article I found about the best digital cameras
> for serious amateurs.
>
> Check it out at:

http://www.basic-digital-photography...-amateurs.html
> Regards
> Chris

Pete D

Yes, somewhat out of date, Nikon D70, Pentax *ist DS, Canon 20D, the new
Minolta's, Fuji S2 Pro?? Sony's ?????

"Chuck" <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> when you see the Sony 828 in a top ten, you know something is wrong... And
> the 10D is not available anymore.
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Hi all
>>
>> Here's an interesting article I found about the best digital cameras
>> for serious amateurs.
>>
>> Check it out at:
>>

> http://www.basic-digital-photography...-amateurs.html
>> Regards
>> Chris

Phil Wheeler

Looks dated to me.

> Hi all
>
> Here's an interesting article I found about the best digital cameras
> for serious amateurs.
>
> Check it out at:
> http://www.basic-digital-photography...-amateurs.html
> Regards
> Chris

Skip M

And it doesn't list the Nikon D70 at all...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
"Chuck" <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> when you see the Sony 828 in a top ten, you know something is wrong... And
> the 10D is not available anymore.
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Hi all
>>
>> Here's an interesting article I found about the best digital cameras
>> for serious amateurs.
>>
>> Check it out at:
>>

> http://www.basic-digital-photography...-amateurs.html
>> Regards
>> Chris

RSD99

IMHO:
*Any* article whose title begins with the words "Top Ten ..." is probably
not worth the cost of the paper (*or* electrons) it's printed on.

TAFKAB

"Chuck" <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> when you see the Sony 828 in a top ten, you know something is wrong... And
> the 10D is not available anymore.

Did you ever shoot with one?

> <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Hi all
>>
>> Here's an interesting article I found about the best digital cameras
>> for serious amateurs.
>>
>> Check it out at:
>>

> http://www.basic-digital-photography...-amateurs.html
>> Regards
>> Chris

Matt Ion

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Here's an interesting article I found about the best digital cameras
> for serious amateurs.
>
> Check it out at:
> http://www.basic-digital-photography...-amateurs.html
> Regards
> Chris

Interesting, the only Nikons were CoolPix ZLRs - not one Nikon dSLR in
the bunch.

Mark²

"Matt Ion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > Here's an interesting article I found about the best digital cameras
> > for serious amateurs.
> >
> > Check it out at:

http://www.basic-digital-photography...-amateurs.html
> > Regards
> > Chris

> Interesting, the only Nikons were CoolPix ZLRs - not one Nikon dSLR in
> the bunch.

I'm a Canon guy, but that is just silly.
No Nikon D70, or D100, and yet there are all these point-and-shoots???

Ridiculous.

Mark²

"TAFKAB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Chuck" <nospammm@no_spam.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > when you see the Sony 828 in a top ten, you know something is wrong...

And
> > the 10D is not available anymore.

> Did you ever shoot with one?

Have you looked at images taken with it?
It doesn't have a lot to like in terms of noise.