Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > webvpn internal www site access

webvpn internal www site access

Igor Mamuzic

I'm unable to access internal web sites using WebVPN feature of Cisco IOS
12.4(2)T 2800 series router...

I created port forwarding as follows:
port-forward list www local-port 60006 remote-server www.internalwebsite.com
remote-port 80

After I activate "Application access" I get only loopback address pointing
to the local port and I'm unable to access web site, actually it's looks
like web server is permitting only https connections on this site, but it's
not true.
My PC has no listener on tcp 60006 and the router (vpn gw) is able to
perform dns resolving for the web server...
This problem happens when I try to create port forwarding for any internal
web server...
Access to other internal applications such as telnet works ok with webvpn.

There is no any output from 'debug webvpn port-forward' when I'm accessing
internal websites (also there is no any counts in the "application access"
window for that webvpn session, so it might be about the fact that the
router has a http server...

What could be correct port forwarding syntax for accessing internal web
servers? Or is it not possible to use webvpn to access internal web
sites...?

B.R.
Igor