Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Glendale, California on a frigid winter day!

Glendale, California on a frigid winter day!

Gary Edstrom

This is a picture of Glendale, California on a frigid winter day. The
temperature only got up to 85 degrees yesterday! (Burrrrrr!)

http://gbe.dynip.com/Glendale/Q0016748A.JPG

I used a polarizing filter for this shot. Other than that, it is an
unmodified picture except for reducing in size and saving at a lower
quality JPEG setting for posting on the web.

The original was taken on an Oly E-10 at 2240x1680 pixels with minimal
JPEG compression. It was taken from the highest point in Forest Lawn
Memorial Park, Glendale.

I'll have do dig through some of my father's old pictures. I believe
that he has a shot taken from almost the exact same location around
1952. It would be interesting to see all the changes that have
occurred. The two biggest differences you would notice in the earlier
picture is the lack of houses on the far hillside, and a similar lack of
tall buildings in the downtown area.

Gary Edstrom

--
Gary Edstrom <(E-Mail Removed)>