Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony V1 + Mercury Optics Wide Angle adapter 0,45X - focus problem

Sony V1 + Mercury Optics Wide Angle adapter 0,45X - focus problem

TSK-TSK

Hello!
I have bought from eBay a Wide angle adapter (tube + macro lens + wide
angle lens), made by Mercury Optics (Japan).
When I put it on my camera a new display icon appears, telling me
about the adaptor on the lens (the tube press a little switch on the
Sony original lens). In this operating mode, zoom, IR lamp (N.Framing
and N.Shot) and focus control don't work (disabled). But the Camera
doesn't focus well... my photos are all blur!!!
The adapter can be mounted only in this way (no other combination
possible).
How can I take focused photos?

Thank's all!
And Have a nice Xmas...

Cristian

Pete D

"TSK-TSK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hello!
> I have bought from eBay a Wide angle adapter (tube + macro lens + wide
> angle lens), made by Mercury Optics (Japan).
> When I put it on my camera a new display icon appears, telling me
> about the adaptor on the lens (the tube press a little switch on the
> Sony original lens). In this operating mode, zoom, IR lamp (N.Framing
> and N.Shot) and focus control don't work (disabled). But the Camera
> doesn't focus well... my photos are all blur!!!
> The adapter can be mounted only in this way (no other combination
> possible).
> How can I take focused photos?
>
> Thank's all!
> And Have a nice Xmas...
>
> Cristian

Christian,

Not sure what is causing your problem but I would head over to
www.sonycams.com , they will sort you out.

Cheers.

Pete D

chrlz@go.com

Also, try putting camera in macro mode if you can, some addon lenses
only work well if the original lens is close-focussed..