Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > PCX to some other format

PCX to some other format

Ed Mullikin

I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be able
to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX cartoons
without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

Ken Weitzel

Ed Mullikin wrote:

> I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be able
> to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
> zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX cartoons
> without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
> can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
> other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
> guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
> being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

Hi...

Whack! Whack!

Now, with that out of the way, you can get a
trial copy of a pcx > almost anything converter here:

http://www.gold-software.com/abc.shtml

Take care.

Ken

Ed Ruf

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:54:24 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Ed Mullikin"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be able
>to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
>zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX cartoons
>without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
>can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
>other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
>guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
>being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

Irfanview will allow you to view and or convert. One of the best free utils
around.
http://www.irfanview.com

http://EdwardGRuf.com

Ross

This sound like a problem with WORD. Converting the file format is not
necessarily a solution.

Why not try the MS NG site:

news.microsoft.com

and find the relative group about MS WORD and ask your question?

This Usenet site is run by MS (but not necessarily monitored) and deals with
all issues relating to MS software.

In fact if you want to contact MS about any software they sell using this
Usenet - forget it! They're not listening.

Ross

"Ed Mullikin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be
>able
> to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
> zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX
> cartoons
> without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
> can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
> other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
> guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
> being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

RSD99

First:
Get IrfanView.
http://www.irfanview.com

Second:
It sounds like the Word Import Filter for PCX is somehow damaged or
missing. Get out your MS Office disk(s), and reload all of your import
filters.

"Ed Mullikin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be

able
> to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
> zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX

cartoons
> without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
> can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
> other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
> guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for

possibly
> being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

Crownfield

Ross wrote:

> This sound like a problem with WORD. Converting the file format is not
> necessarily a solution.

Thumbs plus, paint shop pro both handle most formats,
including pcx files.

> Why not try the MS NG site:
>
> news.microsoft.com
>
> and find the relative group about MS WORD and ask your question?
>
> This Usenet site is run by MS (but not necessarily monitored) and deals with
> all issues relating to MS software.
>
> In fact if you want to contact MS about any software they sell using this
> Usenet - forget it! They're not listening.
>
> Ross
>
> "Ed Mullikin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be
> >able
> > to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
> > zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX
> > cartoons
> > without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
> > can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
> > other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
> > guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
> > being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

Alan Meyer

"Ed Mullikin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:Bjtud.3328$jn.210@lakeread06...
>I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be able
> to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
> zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX cartoons
> without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
> can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
> other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
> guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
> being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

Word is far from being the best program for viewing images, including
PCX images. I agree with others that Irfanview - a free program, is
far superior.

You may be able to view them in Irfanview and then use clipboard
cut and paste to put them into Word documents.

Alan

Monochrome PCX image encoding JVidal Java 3 10-17-2007 02:00 PM
Help: Toshiba PCX 2200 cable modem attached to USB Joel Rubin Computer Support 0 05-26-2005 01:37 AM
PCX files kelvSYC Java 1 08-19-2004 06:03 AM
How do I view a .pcx file? Mary Computer Support 5 04-23-2004 03:55 PM
PCX Graphic Files Ed Mullikin Computer Support 4 02-12-2004 08:19 AM

Advertisments