Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > street photography and shutter lag

street photography and shutter lag

Eolake Stobblehouse

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, David J Taylor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> If you don't have an 8400 manual, and could accept a 14MB file by e-mail
> (perhap 18MB attachment size), I will e-mail you the manual (as I know you
> are an existing Nikon user). Or download it yourself, of course.

I would love to get it. (I did not see the 8400 in the Coolpix list on
the site you gave.)

TIP FOR SENDING LARGE FILES:
http://yousendit.com

--
- Eolake
http://MacCreator.com

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Ed Ruf wrote:
> []
> > David, I would assume the 8400 has the AF/AE button as well, no? On
> > my 5700 you can set this to lock AT only, AE only or both. Being a
> > newer model, I'd assume the 8400 can do this as well?

> Yes, indeed it does have the AE/AF-L button, so it should do everything
> that's required.

Not quite, for that only locks the AF for ONE shot, right?

--
- Eolake
--

David J Taylor

Eolake Stobblehouse wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, David J Taylor
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[]
> I would love to get it. (I did not see the 8400 in the Coolpix list on
> the site you gave.)

You will need to try another site.

Cheers,
David

David J Taylor

Eolake Stobblehouse wrote:
[]
>> Yes, indeed it does have the AE/AF-L button, so it should do
>> everything that's required.

> Not quite, for that only locks the AF for ONE shot, right?

As I said, I haven't used the AF-L function so I can't say.

David

Ed Ruf

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:39:13 +0000, in rec.photo.digital Eolake
Stobblehouse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Not quite, for that only locks the AF for ONE shot, right?

If it works like the AF/AE lock on the 5700, it's as long as you hold the
button down for, IIRC.
http://EdwardGRuf.com