Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Continuous with D100

Continuous with D100

Danilo

Hello from Danilo!
If you have a Nikon D100, may you answer some question?

I need to link the D100 to a Pc and take a lot of pictures (30-40) in
a few time at high resolution.
I need also not to touch the camera body, so Pc must control
everything. Specs document say that D100 can get 5 images at 3 fps,
but in how much time Pc downloads the images?
May I do everything with mirror locked up?

Thanks a lot! Danilo

Fletis Humplebacker

"Danilo" <
> Hello from Danilo!
> If you have a Nikon D100, may you answer some question?
>
> I need to link the D100 to a Pc and take a lot of pictures (30-40) in
> a few time at high resolution.
> I need also not to touch the camera body, so Pc must control
> everything. Specs document say that D100 can get 5 images at 3 fps,
> but in how much time Pc downloads the images?
> May I do everything with mirror locked up?
>
> Thanks a lot! Danilo

I don't think you can bypass the CF card. Also mine stops at three shots
in the raw setting to unload the buffer. You need AC power to operate
the mirror lockup feature (with adapter) or I think an authorized Nikon
dealer can set it up. Why not just use a big enough CF card and a remote
cable shutter release?

Walter Hofmann

Fletis Humplebacker <!> schrieb:

> "Danilo" <
>> Hello from Danilo!
>> If you have a Nikon D100, may you answer some question?
>>
>> I need to link the D100 to a Pc and take a lot of pictures (30-40) in
>> a few time at high resolution.
>> I need also not to touch the camera body, so Pc must control
>> everything. Specs document say that D100 can get 5 images at 3 fps,
>> but in how much time Pc downloads the images?
>> May I do everything with mirror locked up?
>>
>> Thanks a lot! Danilo

> I don't think you can bypass the CF card.

This is possible with Nikon Capture.

> You need AC power to operate the mirror lockup feature (with adapter)

No, just set the custom function for it.

Walter

I.Reject.Spam@my.isp

Archived from Danilo <(E-Mail Removed)> on Thu, 09 Dec 2004 17:06:03 +0100:

>Hello from Danilo!
>If you have a Nikon D100, may you answer some question?
>
>I need to link the D100 to a Pc and take a lot of pictures (30-40) in
>a few time at high resolution.
>I need also not to touch the camera body, so Pc must control
>everything.

You can achieve what you want with Nikon Capture 4. You can bypass the
camera's memory and write directly to your PC.

>Specs document say that D100 can get 5 images at 3 fps,
>but in how much time Pc downloads the images?

Depends on the size of the images and the speed of your PC. I would count
too heavily on the D100 running at 3fps. Always seemed slower than that even
with my Lexar Pro WA 80x cards.

>May I do everything with mirror locked up?

Not with mirror locked up but you can select the option, which raises the
mirror before releasing the shutter thereby reducing camera movements.

vm

Fletis Humplebacker

"Walter Hofmann"
> Fletis Humplebacker <!> schrieb:

> > You need AC power to operate the mirror lockup feature (with adapter)

> No, just set the custom function for it.

> Walter

That isn't a true mirror lockup. It is no different than using the timer.
A true mirror lockup will allow for instant shutter release.

Walter Hofmann

Fletis Humplebacker <!> schrieb:

> "Walter Hofmann"
>> Fletis Humplebacker <!> schrieb:

>> > You need AC power to operate the mirror lockup feature (with adapter)

>> No, just set the custom function for it.

>> Walter

> That isn't a true mirror lockup. It is no different than using the timer.
> A true mirror lockup will allow for instant shutter release.

The D100 can't do this at all.

Walter