Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nintendo NT-300

Nintendo NT-300

A. Airhart

I saw a few posts from a few years ago regarding this printer.

This printer was used as a sticker printer in a Pokemon Snap Station at
Blockbuster Video stores.

The Printer itself is actually a Panasonic NV-MHX300-C

To use this printer with Windows XP you must use the drivers for
the UK version the NV-MPD7 or
the Japanese drivers for the NV-MHX300-C

Compatibility issues:
This printer seems unable to accept any ink accept Adhesive ink.
If you are using the Japanese driver, be sure to select Adhesive paper
and it will print without a problem.

The paper for this printer is part # PV-MPCS25
However the ink cassette will not function with this printer (not yet
anyway..havent figured out how to trick it into doing so)

Each ink cassette is good for 25 prints

This printer uses a locked down firmware that is specifically written
for use as a sticker printer.

MarkČ

"A. Airhart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I saw a few posts from a few years ago regarding this printer.
>
> This printer was used as a sticker printer in a Pokemon Snap Station at
> Blockbuster Video stores.
>
> The Printer itself is actually a Panasonic NV-MHX300-C
>
> To use this printer with Windows XP you must use the drivers for
> the UK version the NV-MPD7 or
> the Japanese drivers for the NV-MHX300-C
>
> Compatibility issues:
> This printer seems unable to accept any ink accept Adhesive ink.
> If you are using the Japanese driver, be sure to select Adhesive paper
> and it will print without a problem.
>
> The paper for this printer is part # PV-MPCS25
> However the ink cassette will not function with this printer (not yet
> anyway..havent figured out how to trick it into doing so)
>
> Each ink cassette is good for 25 prints
>
> This printer uses a locked down firmware that is specifically written
> for use as a sticker printer.

Ummm...

Thanks.

Winner

EASY: Transfer the label from one of the adhesive ink cartridges to a
"standard" cartridge, and you are set. OR, scratch off some of the
black to expose shiny silver underneath. The adhesive "barcode" is all
silver, so it's easy to do.

I've been using standard ink in an NT-300 for years now, using both of
these methods.

I keep meaning to tear into mine and simply move or rewire the
photodetectors, but the above method is easier!