Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0

Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0

Patetc

I just got this program and it appears to have all the same features as
Adobe Photoshop Album, which I also have. Do I really need both?

Adobe Photoshop Elements looks very good--just takes a long time to
load because of all the plugins I have. Any opinions from other users?
Pat

Phil Wheeler

Already asked and answered

Patetc wrote:

> I just got this program and it appears to have all the same features as
> Adobe Photoshop Album, which I also have. Do I really need both?
>
> Adobe Photoshop Elements looks very good--just takes a long time to
> load because of all the plugins I have. Any opinions from other users?
> Pat

James Silverton

"Phil Wheeler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ta2td.3139$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Already asked and answered
>
> Patetc wrote:
>
>> I just got this program and it appears to have all the same
>> features as
>> Adobe Photoshop Album, which I also have. Do I really need both?
>>
>> Adobe Photoshop Elements looks very good--just takes a long time to
>> load because of all the plugins I have. Any opinions from other
>> users?
>> Pat

It's tediously slow (up to a factor of 2) to open with no added
plug-ins compared with Elements 1 tho' it depends on the file size
when opened to edit a picture. I have 256MB of RAM but I wonder if
getting some more memory might help?

--
James V. Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA

Phil Wheeler

James Silverton wrote:

> It's tediously slow (up to a factor of 2) to open with no added
> plug-ins compared with Elements 1 tho' it depends on the file size when
> opened to edit a picture. I have 256MB of RAM but I wonder if getting
> some more memory might help?

Likely. The way they design their products, you would think Adobe is in
the memory business!

Phil