Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > digital camera with 28mm focal length?

digital camera with 28mm focal length?

Mikhail Teterin

Hello!

I'm looking for a small digital camera, that would have the "equivalent 35mm
focal length" starting below 30mm. The zoom would nice, but 100mm is
sufficient...

All cameras I can find have the range beginning at 36 or 38 millimeters. Can
someone recommend a good model, that would still fit in the hand of a
petite girl?

Thanks!

-mi

Bill Crocker

Canon's new PowerShot G6.
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...&modelid=10463

Bill Crocker

"Mikhail Teterin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
>
> I'm looking for a small digital camera, that would have the "equivalent
> 35mm
> focal length" starting below 30mm. The zoom would nice, but 100mm is
> sufficient...
>
> All cameras I can find have the range beginning at 36 or 38 millimeters.
> Can
> someone recommend a good model, that would still fit in the hand of a
> petite girl?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -mi

Kevin McMurtrie

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Mikhail Teterin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm looking for a small digital camera, that would have the "equivalent 35mm
> focal length" starting below 30mm. The zoom would nice, but 100mm is
> sufficient...
>
> All cameras I can find have the range beginning at 36 or 38 millimeters. Can
> someone recommend a good model, that would still fit in the hand of a
> petite girl?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -mi

Maybe the Oly C-5060WZ or C-8080WZ. The 35mm format zoom equivalent is
28 to 140 mm.

Mikhail Teterin

Bill Crocker wrote:

> Canon's new PowerShot G6.

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...&modelid=10463

> Bill Crocker

Thanks, but, according to CNet:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Canon_PowerS...3.html?tag=tab

the G6's "Equivalent 35mm focal length" is 35-140mm. Is their method of
estimate somehow wrong? Thanks!

-mi

Mikhail Teterin

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:

>> All cameras I can find have the range beginning at 36 or 38 millimeters.
>> Can someone recommend a good model, that would still fit in the hand of a
>> petite girl?

> Maybe the Oly C-5060WZ or C-8080WZ. The 35mm format zoom equivalent is
> 28 to 140 mm.

Yes, indeed, these do have impressive lenses. But both are rather bulky
(15.2 ounces for C-5060WZ) and don't match the second requirement --
fitting in the hand of a petite girl...

Don't we have anything else from the hundreds of brilliant engineers working
for all these electronic companies?

Thanks for the prompte response. Yours,

-mi

Bill Crocker

Ok, how about Canon's PowerShot Pro1:
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...d=9823&sa=true

Bill Crocker

"Mikhail Teterin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bill Crocker wrote:
>
>> Canon's new PowerShot G6.
>>

> http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...&modelid=10463
>>
>> Bill Crocker

> Thanks, but, according to CNet:
>
> http://reviews.cnet.com/Canon_PowerS...3.html?tag=tab
>
> the G6's "Equivalent 35mm focal length" is 35-140mm. Is their method of
> estimate somehow wrong? Thanks!
>
> -mi

Bill Crocker

Oops...too heavy for you!

Bill Crocker

"Bill Crocker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok, how about Canon's PowerShot Pro1:
> http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...d=9823&sa=true
>
> Bill Crocker
>

> "Mikhail Teterin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Bill Crocker wrote:
>>
>>> Canon's new PowerShot G6.
>>>

>> http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...&modelid=10463
>>>
>>> Bill Crocker

>> Thanks, but, according to CNet:
>>
>> http://reviews.cnet.com/Canon_PowerS...3.html?tag=tab
>>
>> the G6's "Equivalent 35mm focal length" is 35-140mm. Is their method of
>> estimate somehow wrong? Thanks!
>>
>> -mi

David Cawthon

Try the Canon Powershot S70. It has a 28-100mm zoom (35mm-equivalent) and is
slightly smaller than the earlier S series

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...&modelid=10460

DC

"Mikhail Teterin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
>
> I'm looking for a small digital camera, that would have the "equivalent

35mm
> focal length" starting below 30mm. The zoom would nice, but 100mm is
> sufficient...
>
> All cameras I can find have the range beginning at 36 or 38 millimeters.

Can
> someone recommend a good model, that would still fit in the hand of a
> petite girl?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -mi

Tom Pfeiffer

Canon S60/S70 or Fuji E500/E510.

tompc

"Mikhail Teterin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
>
> I'm looking for a small digital camera, that would have the "equivalent
> 35mm
> focal length" starting below 30mm. The zoom would nice, but 100mm is
> sufficient...
>
> All cameras I can find have the range beginning at 36 or 38 millimeters.
> Can
> someone recommend a good model, that would still fit in the hand of a
> petite girl?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -mi

Darrell Larose

Nikon 8400 eq: 24mm, Olympus C5060 eq: 27mm, Canon Pro1 eq: 28mm, all are
bulkier cameras. are three that pop to mind