Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Newbie: difference between Hue, Cast, Color balance and C. Temp?

Newbie: difference between Hue, Cast, Color balance and C. Temp?

ABC

big thanks.

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 22:01:29 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrotd:

>In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>ABC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:32:47 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrotd:
>>
>>>It changes the "color" without changing the saturation or luminance.

>>>You can turn grayish-blue into grayish-green, or grayish-orange. Any
>>>attempt to do this with color-balance tools may fail to change the hue,
>>>and even if the hue changes, the saturation and luminance will change
>>>also.

>> Very good. Then what happens when I increase the blue in the C.
>>blance control?

>Whatever blue is present will become stronger. If it is already strong,
>it will clip, losing blue detail. If you want to turn a red item blue,
>you would use the hue tool instead of color balance, because the best
>approximation that you could do with color balance would be to increase
>the red and decrease the blue scaling, which would give you a horribly
>posterized and very noisy red object, which is based on the weak red
>luminance of a blue object (the hue tool would preserve the original
>overall luminance and rotate the color through the color wheel).

ABC
Do not reply by email.

JPS@no.komm

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>[]
>> Good thing, because I packed my computer to move on Dec 7th, and have
>> just set it up a couple of days ago. Being able to cook, dress,
>> shower, shave, make the windows opaque, listen to the stereo, etc.,
>> took precedence over setting this computer up.

>Welcome back, John! I do hope that the move wasn't too traumatic!

Thanks, but it was traumatic. Didn't sleep a wink the night before.
Had the movers do some of the unfinished packing. Everything did not
fit in the truck.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

JPS@no.komm

In message <cqgncs$7vb$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"David J. Littleboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> []
>> > Good thing, because I packed my computer to move on Dec 7th, and have
>> > just set it up a couple of days ago. Being able to cook, dress,
>> > shower, shave, make the windows opaque, listen to the stereo, etc.,
>> > took precedence over setting this computer up.

>> Welcome back, John! I do hope that the move wasn't too traumatic!

>Seconded. I was wondering where you were/what was up...

I'm up to my neck in unpacked boxes!
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

David J Taylor

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>[]
>>> Good thing, because I packed my computer to move on Dec 7th, and have
>>> just set it up a couple of days ago. Being able to cook, dress,
>>> shower, shave, make the windows opaque, listen to the stereo, etc.,
>>> took precedence over setting this computer up.

>>Welcome back, John! I do hope that the move wasn't too traumatic!

> Thanks, but it was traumatic. Didn't sleep a wink the night before.
> Had the movers do some of the unfinished packing. Everything did not
> fit in the truck.
> --

Oh, well, everything should improve from that point!

Good luck,
David