Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Show photos on a TV screen

Show photos on a TV screen

Ed Mullikin

I just returned from three weeks in India and I took over 600 photos. I
know that I can show them to friends using my camera and the TV. But 600
will put anybody to sleep. I want to select maybe 20-25 and show them in a
set sequence. Does anyone know of a device on the market that will let me
put them on a CD and show them on a TV that way?

Des Perado

"Ed Mullikin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I just returned from three weeks in India and I took over 600 photos. I
> know that I can show them to friends using my camera and the TV. But 600
> will put anybody to sleep. I want to select maybe 20-25 and show them in
> set sequence. Does anyone know of a device on the market that will let me
> put them on a CD and show them on a TV that way?

I've used Photodex. A well constructed show can be very impressive. I've
used it for quite a number of my clients.
http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

Mike F

Many of the newer DVD players can handle a series of jpg images
on a CD. Just pop it in and play. Nero can burn a
slide show (most burning software can). Irfanview may do
what you want. There are many options -- google for slideshow

mikey

"Ed Mullikin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I just returned from three weeks in India and I took over 600 photos. I
> know that I can show them to friends using my camera and the TV. But 600
> will put anybody to sleep. I want to select maybe 20-25 and show them in

> set sequence. Does anyone know of a device on the market that will let me
> put them on a CD and show them on a TV that way?

Gisle Hannemyr

"Ed Mullikin" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I just returned from three weeks in India and I took over 600
> photos. I know that I can show them to friends using my camera and
> the TV. But 600 will put anybody to sleep. I want to select maybe
> 20-25 and show them in a set sequence. Does anyone know of a device
> on the market that will let me put them on a CD and show them on a
> TV that way?

My very inexpenisve DVD-player will play JPEGs burned om a CD-ROM.
I think that is a common feature (look for "JPEG" in the list of
formats supported by the player). Just make sure they are
numbered in sequence, and the "next" button on the remote will
brimg up the next image. All you need to to this is a CD-ROM-
burner (which are standard with PCs these day) - and a DVD-player
that understands JPEG.

If you want to do something more fancy, there is a number of
programs that will let you burn a sequence of images onto a
DVD, add captions, dissolves and music. This will give your
show a more professional look, but you need a DVD-burner and
said software in addition to the DVD-player.
When you say you live in the real world, which one are you referring to?

Gisle Hannemyr

Gisle Hannemyr <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> My very inexpenisve DVD-player will play JPEGs burned om a CD-ROM.
> I think that is a common feature (look for "JPEG" in the list of
> formats supported by the player). Just make sure they are
> numbered in sequence, and the "next" button on the remote will
> bring up the next image.

Hint. A TV is a low resolution device (640 x 480 px, 0.3 Mpx - unless
you have one them newfangled hi-res TVs). You should downsample each
image to this size before you burn it onto your presentation CD.

Large images will work - the DVD player will automatically resize
anything to fit snugly on the screen. But if you load your CD with
5 Mpx images, each will take a long time to load (at least they do
on my DVD-player, but YMMV).
When you say you live in the real world, which one are you referring to?

Roger

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 09:47:34 -0500, "Ed Mullikin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I just returned from three weeks in India and I took over 600 photos. I
>know that I can show them to friends using my camera and the TV. But 600
>will put anybody to sleep. I want to select maybe 20-25 and show them in a
>set sequence. Does anyone know of a device on the market that will let me
>put them on a CD and show them on a TV that way?

Does your camera have a video output to TV? If so why not select the
20-25 pictures on your computer, and down load them to a memory card
on your pc, put it in your camera and use the camera to show the
slides. (resequence the numbers on the file names to get the right
order).

Paint Shop Album software has a function to make a video CD - CD with
video format that can be played in most DVD players. Just use any CD
burner on your pc to make the vCD. I've done on occasion and works
quite well. I've been "experimenting" with the Album software for
filing my photos and a really like the configuration and search
capabilities plus it's sharing features. While there are more
sophisticated products on the market, I find this quite versatile and
easy to return to - I don't search my photos very often. And more
important easy to add new categories and without losing any prior
information. I have one category set to "to print" and another set to
"printed". As I'm reviewing photos, if I decide to print a photo I
assign it to the "to print" cagtegory (or to vCD). When I decide to
download to the commercial printer, all I have to do is select that
category and the move it from the "to print" to "printed" when I get
the photos returned.

I like it better than integrated filing systems because hopefully I
can maintain the filing system independent of editors, etc.

Regards,
Roger

JACK BENNETT

Hi Ed,

Just burn the files to CD as a VCD using NERO or similar writing program,
and Bob's your uncle!

Cheers,
Jack

"Ed Mullikin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I just returned from three weeks in India and I took over 600 photos. I
> know that I can show them to friends using my camera and the TV. But 600
> will put anybody to sleep. I want to select maybe 20-25 and show them in

> set sequence. Does anyone know of a device on the market that will let me
> put them on a CD and show them on a TV that way?

Ed Mullikin

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I should be able to make something work
from this!

"JACK BENNETT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:coq2kl$dqa$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Ed,
>
> Just burn the files to CD as a VCD using NERO or similar writing program,
> and Bob's your uncle!
>
> Cheers,
> Jack
>
> "Ed Mullikin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > I just returned from three weeks in India and I took over 600 photos. I
> > know that I can show them to friends using my camera and the TV. But

600
> > will put anybody to sleep. I want to select maybe 20-25 and show them

in
> > set sequence. Does anyone know of a device on the market that will let

me
> > put them on a CD and show them on a TV that way?

News Will

"Ed Mullikin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I just returned from three weeks in India and I took over 600 photos. I
> know that I can show them to friends using my camera and the TV. But 600
> will put anybody to sleep. I want to select maybe 20-25 and show them in
> a set sequence. Does anyone know of a device on the market that will let
> me put them on a CD and show them on a TV that way?

There are several peices of software.

Try http://www.picturetotv.com/

or play them onto a VHS or CD recorder.

Dave Cohen

MyDVD which came bundled with my external LiteOn DVD burner does a nice job
of creating a cd (or dvd) slide show. Although my dvd player will handle
..jpg direct from cd, there is vertical distortion which I can eliminate by
resampling.
Dave Cohen

show calendar show clock tony Cisco 1 09-18-2006 07:13 AM
show all files in the directory, but how to show directory control?? strutsng@gmail.com HTML 1 09-30-2005 07:32 AM
TO show or NOT to show Matt ASP .Net 1 05-02-2005 09:07 PM
to show image or to show flash Disco Octopus HTML 7 05-14-2004 06:27 AM
Command "show run" does not show all interfaces Peter Jonas Cisco 3 01-05-2004 12:13 AM

Advertisments