Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > connect to wifi not only getting autoconfig ip

connect to wifi not only getting autoconfig ip

stan

i have a d-link pci card and a linksys wireless router; my labtop win2000
with linksys card connects and works fine; so i bought a pci card for my xp
desktop pc; it seems to be connected but nothing but the autoconfig ip is
generated; when pointing at the network icon on the task bar is says
connected and signial strength of (sometimes good sometime poor); i forced
in a 192.168.1.103 but still wasnt able to ping (router); any ideas

=?Utf-8?B?RGFyZW4gTWF1bGRvbg==?=

firewall settings?
just a suggestion