Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus C-3040 - randomly losing calendar info

Olympus C-3040 - randomly losing calendar info

phil

My Olympus Camedia C-3040 has recently, randomly, started losing the
calendar info.

It doesn't appear to be related to changing the main batteries, so
could the in-built lithium battery be at fault?

If so, can that be changed?

Thanks

Fred McKenzie

<< My Olympus Camedia C-3040 has recently, randomly, started losing the
calendar info.

It doesn't appear to be related to changing the main batteries, so
could the in-built lithium battery be at fault?

If so, can that be changed? >>

Phil-

I learned early-on that if I removed the batteries to charge them, the camera's
setup information would be lost long before the batteries were charged! I
don't believe there is an internal lithium battery in the C-3040. I believe it
uses a capacitor to store enough energy so you can change batteries without
losing information. Therefore it is necessary to have two sets of batteries.

I solved my charging problem altogether by switching to the Lithium batteries

Fred McKenzie

<< My Olympus Camedia C-3040 has recently, randomly, started losing the
calendar info.

It doesn't appear to be related to changing the main batteries, so
could the in-built lithium battery be at fault?

If so, can that be changed? >>

Phil-

My first attempted reply was aborted when I bumped the keyboard!

As I was saying, I switched to the CR-V3 lithium batteries, and that cleared up
all the hassles I had experienced with rechargeable batteries self-discharging
in less than a month.

Your problem may not be related to the battery unless there is a contact
resistance or corrosion problem. It is more like there is a loose connection,
possibly inside the camera.

It may be possible to change the storage capacitor (or internal battery if that
is the case). However that is not likely to have caused your problem if the
calendar information is being lost without removing or discharging the external
battery.

Fred