Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Printing direct to an Epson Stylus R200 Photo

Printing direct to an Epson Stylus R200 Photo

Ed

I was thinking of getting one of these printers. If possible I'd like to be
able to print direct from my camera without using the computer. Does anyone
know what camera's the R200 is compatible with for printing direct from? I
have 2 different Kodak easyshare cameras.

Thanks in advance.

Ryadia

"Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was thinking of getting one of these printers. If possible I'd like to

be
> able to print direct from my camera without using the computer. Does

anyone
> know what camera's the R200 is compatible with for printing direct from?

> have 2 different Kodak easyshare cameras.
>
> Thanks in advance.

You need the r300 model. Same printer but with direct print options.

Ed

"Ryadia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I was thinking of getting one of these printers. If possible I'd like

> be
> > able to print direct from my camera without using the computer. Does

> anyone
> > know what camera's the R200 is compatible with for printing direct from?

> > have 2 different Kodak easyshare cameras.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >

> You need the r300 model. Same printer but with direct print options.

Hi Ryadia, are you sure the R200 can't print direct from the camera? I read
this at amazon.com,

"Simply connect your compatible digital camera to the convenient USB port on
the front of the Epson Stylus Photo R200, and print your photos without the
need for a computer!"

Not that amazon are necessarily a good source of information.

Is the R300 still being produced?

Harvey

"Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Ryadia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I was thinking of getting one of these printers. If possible I'd like

>> be
>> > able to print direct from my camera without using the computer. Does

>> anyone
>> > know what camera's the R200 is compatible with for printing direct
>> > from?

>> > have 2 different Kodak easyshare cameras.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >

>> You need the r300 model. Same printer but with direct print options.
>>

> Hi Ryadia, are you sure the R200 can't print direct from the camera? I
> read
> this at amazon.com,
>
> "Simply connect your compatible digital camera to the convenient USB port
> on
> the front of the Epson Stylus Photo R200, and print your photos without
> the
> need for a computer!"

According to Epsons product brochures at
http://www.epson.co.uk/products/inkj...Photo_R200.htm :
.. Print direct from your compatible EPSON digital camera via the easy-access
USB port

> Not that amazon are necessarily a good source of information.
>
> Is the R300 still being produced?

Seems to be - lots of places here have it stocked.

John Doe

You can print direct I do it all the time from my 20D. It is a bit clumsy as
you can't really crop or do other things, but when you have a shot you know
you like you can do it. That is what the little port on the front of the
printer is for.

John

"Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Ryadia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I was thinking of getting one of these printers. If possible I'd like

>> be
>> > able to print direct from my camera without using the computer. Does

>> anyone
>> > know what camera's the R200 is compatible with for printing direct
>> > from?

>> > have 2 different Kodak easyshare cameras.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >

>> You need the r300 model. Same printer but with direct print options.
>>

> Hi Ryadia, are you sure the R200 can't print direct from the camera? I
> read
> this at amazon.com,
>
> "Simply connect your compatible digital camera to the convenient USB port
> on
> the front of the Epson Stylus Photo R200, and print your photos without
> the
> need for a computer!"
>
> Not that amazon are necessarily a good source of information.
>
> Is the R300 still being produced?

Ed

"Harvey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ausrd.206$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Ryadia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> "Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

like
> >> be
> >> anyone

> >> You need the r300 model. Same printer but with direct print options.
> >>

> > Hi Ryadia, are you sure the R200 can't print direct from the camera? I
> > read
> > this at amazon.com,
> >
> > "Simply connect your compatible digital camera to the convenient USB

port
> > on
> > the front of the Epson Stylus Photo R200, and print your photos without
> > the
> > need for a computer!"

> According to Epsons product brochures at
> http://www.epson.co.uk/products/inkj...Photo_R200.htm :
> . Print direct from your compatible EPSON digital camera via the

easy-access
> USB port

Thanks for the link. So do you think this means it'll only work with an
Epson camera?

> > Not that amazon are necessarily a good source of information.
> >
> > Is the R300 still being produced?

> Seems to be - lots of places here have it stocked.

Mark B.

"Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was thinking of getting one of these printers. If possible I'd like to
>be
> able to print direct from my camera without using the computer. Does
> anyone
> know what camera's the R200 is compatible with for printing direct from?
> have 2 different Kodak easyshare cameras.
>
> Thanks in advance.

You'll be better off with the R300 as it has built-in memory card readers
and a LCD screen. The R200 only has a USB cable, which I imagine would be
very awkward to do direct printing with.

Mark

John Doe

Why spend the extra money on the 300 when you can get the R200 and a
multi-format memory card reader and save about $70. That $70 would buy a
nice collection of paper and some extra ink.

John

"Mark B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I was thinking of getting one of these printers. If possible I'd like to
>>be
>> able to print direct from my camera without using the computer. Does
>> anyone
>> know what camera's the R200 is compatible with for printing direct from?
>> have 2 different Kodak easyshare cameras.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

> You'll be better off with the R300 as it has built-in memory card readers
> and a LCD screen. The R200 only has a USB cable, which I imagine would be
> very awkward to do direct printing with.
>
> Mark

Ryadia

"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:X5yrd.8850$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why spend the extra money on the 300 when you can get the R200 and a
> multi-format memory card reader and save about $70. That $70 would buy a
> nice collection of paper and some extra ink.
>
> John

The price difference is more like$250 when you buy the LCD screen.
It enables you to crop and do some things the 200 can't do.
I use one at events. Printing from one card while I shoot another full. No
comparison at all with the r200. Good luck sending 8 megapixel files down
the wire... Not any where near as practical as the inbuilt card reader of
the r300.

Big Bill

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 20:06:22 +1000, "Ryadia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:X5yrd.8850$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why spend the extra money on the 300 when you can get the R200 and a
>> multi-format memory card reader and save about $70. That $70 would buy a
>> nice collection of paper and some extra ink.
>>
>> John

>The price difference is more like$250 when you buy the LCD screen.
>It enables you to crop and do some things the 200 can't do.
>I use one at events. Printing from one card while I shoot another full. No
>comparison at all with the r200. Good luck sending 8 megapixel files down
>the wire... Not any where near as practical as the inbuilt card reader of
>the r300.

I think you're thinking of the R300M; the R300 has an LCD panel, but
not for display of pics.
R300:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/c...s&oid=37368458
R300M: