Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 35mm slides from digital images

35mm slides from digital images

Alan Browne

Has anyone tried this? Results?
http://www.iprintfromhome.com/image_...5406&pid=66497
http://www.iprintfromhome.com/

The max res is 2732 x 4096 (11.2 Mpix)

$2.49 for 1 slide; 1.25 per additional slide of same image.

Brian C. Baird

In article <bs5rd.53055$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Has anyone tried this? Results?
> http://www.iprintfromhome.com/image_...5406&pid=66497
> http://www.iprintfromhome.com/
>
> The max res is 2732 x 4096 (11.2 Mpix)
>
> $2.49 for 1 slide; 1.25 per additional slide of same image.

Sounds interesting. At $2.50 a pop, doesn't sound like too much to try
them out, unless they have prohibitively high shipping costs or insane
minimum orders.

Additionally, I don't know what the hell I'd do with them. I haven't
projected slides in... forever.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

Owamanga

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:23:38 GMT, Brian C. Baird <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <bs5rd.53055$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>>
>> Has anyone tried this? Results?
>> http://www.iprintfromhome.com/image_...5406&pid=66497
>> http://www.iprintfromhome.com/
>>
>> The max res is 2732 x 4096 (11.2 Mpix)
>>
>> $2.49 for 1 slide; 1.25 per additional slide of same image.

>Sounds interesting. At $2.50 a pop, doesn't sound like too much to try
>them out, unless they have prohibitively high shipping costs or insane
>minimum orders.
>
>Additionally, I don't know what the hell I'd do with them. I haven't
>projected slides in... forever.

....you can *project* slides?

....interesting.

--
Owamanga!

Gene Palmiter

I had to have slides for a grant application last year. I don't recall the
service I used...might not matter. I have no idea if I used the best. Your
prices sound better than what I got....are you sure about them? I had to get
quite a few before I got a price break. The quality is outstanding so far as
I can tell. I have no way to actually view a slide large.

"Alan Browne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bs5rd.53055$(E-Mail Removed).. .

> Has anyone tried this? Results?
> http://www.iprintfromhome.com/image_...5406&pid=66497
> http://www.iprintfromhome.com/
>
> The max res is 2732 x 4096 (11.2 Mpix)
>
> $2.49 for 1 slide; 1.25 per additional slide of same image.

> -- e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.

Alan Browne

Gene Palmiter wrote:

> I had to have slides for a grant application last year. I don't recall the
> service I used...might not matter. I have no idea if I used the best. Your
> prices sound better than what I got....are you sure about them? I had to get
> quite a few before I got a price break. The quality is outstanding so far as
> I can tell. I have no way to actually view a slide large.

Prices are from the website. No min order. Not sure about shipping.

Alan Browne wrote:

> Gene Palmiter wrote:
>
>> I had to have slides for a grant application last year. I don't recall
>> the
>> service I used...might not matter. I have no idea if I used the best.
>> Your
>> prices sound better than what I got....are you sure about them? I had
>> to get
>> quite a few before I got a price break. The quality is outstanding so
>> far as
>> I can tell. I have no way to actually view a slide large.

> Prices are from the website. No min order. Not sure about shipping.

Found it...
https://www.iprintfromhome.com/image...2732&pid=66505

McLeod

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:17:59 -0500, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Has anyone tried this? Results?
>http://www.iprintfromhome.com/image_...5406&pid=66497
>http://www.iprintfromhome.com/
>
>The max res is 2732 x 4096 (11.2 Mpix)
>
>$2.49 for 1 slide; 1.25 per additional slide of same image.

Haven't tried this but have used an old (1997) Polaroid film recorder
with excellent results.

MarkČ

"Brian C. Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <bs5rd.53055$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >
> > Has anyone tried this? Results?
> > http://www.iprintfromhome.com/image_...5406&pid=66497
> > http://www.iprintfromhome.com/
> >
> > The max res is 2732 x 4096 (11.2 Mpix)
> >
> > $2.49 for 1 slide; 1.25 per additional slide of same image.

> Sounds interesting. At $2.50 a pop, doesn't sound like too much to try
> them out, unless they have prohibitively high shipping costs or insane
> minimum orders.
>
> Additionally, I don't know what the hell I'd do with them. I haven't
> projected slides in... forever.

Why...you'd scan them back into your computer, of course!

zeitgeist

> Has anyone tried this? Results?
> http://www.iprintfromhome.com/image_...5406&pid=66497
> http://www.iprintfromhome.com/
>
> The max res is 2732 x 4096 (11.2 Mpix)
>
> $2.49 for 1 slide; 1.25 per additional slide of same image.

I used to have transproofs printed from my medium format negs. Since going
to digital and since Kodak stopped making vericolor print film, I no longer
have that. Digital projection is relatively low res, mine is XGA, which is
step down from my monitor.

But you can buy a Polaroid Pallet which is a very hi res image capture onto
film, it was intended for their own instant slide film but its not hard to
use anybody else's. you can get 4,000 x 2,500 (something like that) pixel
images on 35mm film, slide or neg which is much sharper than digital
projection. of course these things are SCSI or parallel cabled but that's
not that hard.

come to think of it, that's probably what these guys are doing.

zeitgeist

> >Has anyone tried this? Results?
> >http://www.iprintfromhome.com/image_...5406&pid=66497
> >http://www.iprintfromhome.com/
> >
> >The max res is 2732 x 4096 (11.2 Mpix)
> >
> >$2.49 for 1 slide; 1.25 per additional slide of same image.

> Haven't tried this but have used an old (1997) Polaroid film recorder
> with excellent results.

I'm sure that's what they are doing too.