Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Visit the Church

Visit the Church

Rich

see the Curch of Digital Mood

Glamour Gallery in 3d with Chat and Avatars.....

www.digitalmood.co.uk

Des Perado

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> see the Curch of Digital Mood
>
> Glamour Gallery in 3d with Chat and Avatars.....

Right click on the missing pics on the home page to try to get them to show
and a ridiculous copyright popup appears. Are the red Xes copyright too
then?
And please don't fiddle with the status bar - it's mine, not yours, and I
like to see what _should_ be on it, not your flickering scrolling spam.
I didn't bother exploring further, the one page was bad enough.
By the way, what's JaVa? Is it somehow different from Java?
Aaargh, popups and frames too. And a 'click here to enter'.
What a disaster.

MarkČ

"Des Perado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > see the Curch of Digital Mood
> >
> > Glamour Gallery in 3d with Chat and Avatars.....
> >

> Right click on the missing pics on the home page to try to get them to

show
> and a ridiculous copyright popup appears. Are the red Xes copyright too
> then?
> And please don't fiddle with the status bar - it's mine, not yours, and I
> like to see what _should_ be on it, not your flickering scrolling spam.
> I didn't bother exploring further, the one page was bad enough.
> By the way, what's JaVa? Is it somehow different from Java?
> Aaargh, popups and frames too. And a 'click here to enter'.
> What a disaster.

Worked fine for me...no pop-ups.
You'd better run a check for spy-ware/ad-ware on your machine.

Rich

theres only one pop up - and thats only on the guestbook.

the site works fine.

it would appear htat you have more problems than just your attitude Des

"MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message

> "Des Perado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > see the Curch of Digital Mood
>> >
>> > Glamour Gallery in 3d with Chat and Avatars.....
>> >

>> Right click on the missing pics on the home page to try to get them to

> show
>> and a ridiculous copyright popup appears. Are the red Xes copyright too
>> then?
>> And please don't fiddle with the status bar - it's mine, not yours, and I
>> like to see what _should_ be on it, not your flickering scrolling spam.
>> I didn't bother exploring further, the one page was bad enough.
>> By the way, what's JaVa? Is it somehow different from Java?
>> Aaargh, popups and frames too. And a 'click here to enter'.
>> What a disaster.

> Worked fine for me...no pop-ups.
> You'd better run a check for spy-ware/ad-ware on your machine.

David Harrison

On 11/26/2004 8:51 AM, Rich said:

> theres only one pop up - and thats only on the guestbook.
>
> the site works fine.
>
> it would appear htat you have more problems than just your attitude Des

There's always the chance that this popup was done by Javascript --
working in one browser and not the next. There's a lot of over-specific
code out there, for good or ill.

David H

David Harrison

On 11/26/2004 10:19 AM, David Harrison said:

> There's always the chance that this popup was done by Javascript --
> working in one browser and not the next. There's a lot of over-specific
> code out there, for good or ill.
>
> David H

Replying to myself -- must be losing it

Just checked the page source -- there *is* an 'anti-theft' javascript
snippet in there, which ought to generate a pop-up. Doesn't do a lot of
good in a browser with selective controls over how scripts work, however...

cheers,

David H

Pete S.

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:22:04 -0800, "MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even
number here)@cox..net> wrote:

>"Des Perado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > see the Curch of Digital Mood
>> >
>> > Glamour Gallery in 3d with Chat and Avatars.....
>> >

>> Right click on the missing pics on the home page to try to get them to

>show
>> and a ridiculous copyright popup appears. Are the red Xes copyright too
>> then?
>> And please don't fiddle with the status bar - it's mine, not yours, and I
>> like to see what _should_ be on it, not your flickering scrolling spam.
>> I didn't bother exploring further, the one page was bad enough.
>> By the way, what's JaVa? Is it somehow different from Java?
>> Aaargh, popups and frames too. And a 'click here to enter'.
>> What a disaster.

>Worked fine for me...no pop-ups.
>You'd better run a check for spy-ware/ad-ware on your machine.

Fine for me as well.

Pete S.

www.derwentelec.clara.co.uk

Chris Savage

On 2004-11-26, David Harrison <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Just checked the page source -- there *is* an 'anti-theft' javascript
> snippet in there, which ought to generate a pop-up. Doesn't do a lot of
> good in a browser with selective controls over how scripts work, however...

Even worse than all the javascript & java they seem to think "The Angel of
the North" is in Newcastle. And what's with the hideously pink sky and
clumsy, intrusive frame?

--
Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
Crawcrook,UK land where the soap won't lather?

Rich

My missus insisted that we go to that shopping centre in Newcastle (the
Metro?? - i think) and there it was - the angel of the north at the side of
the A1

have they moved it?

"Chris Savage" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> On 2004-11-26, David Harrison <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>
>> Just checked the page source -- there *is* an 'anti-theft' javascript
>> snippet in there, which ought to generate a pop-up. Doesn't do a lot of
>> good in a browser with selective controls over how scripts work,
>> however...
>>

> Even worse than all the javascript & java they seem to think "The Angel of
> the North" is in Newcastle. And what's with the hideously pink sky and
> clumsy, intrusive frame?
>
> --
> Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
> Crawcrook,UK land where the soap won't lather?

news_whiteflyer

Rich wrote:
> see the Curch of Digital Mood
>
> Glamour Gallery in 3d with Chat and Avatars.....
>

> www.digitalmood.co.uk

Site worked ok using Firefox