Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Web photo album program of choice?

Web photo album program of choice?

Jeffrey Stetz

I don't really find Photoshop's automated Web Photo Gallery feature all that
customizable, and I am not sure what to do if I want to ever add new
pictures to it, it seems that I would have to redo the whole gallery at once
every time I would like to add a photo (maybe I'm mistaken, and please
correct me)... But, other than just using an online service like PBase, if I
were to host my own gallery, what program would you recommend?

Thanks

Johnny

> I don't really find Photoshop's automated Web Photo Gallery feature all that
> customizable, and I am not sure what to do if I want to ever add new
> pictures to it, it seems that I would have to redo the whole gallery at once
> every time I would like to add a photo (maybe I'm mistaken, and please
> correct me)... But, other than just using an online service like PBase, if I
> were to host my own gallery, what program would you recommend?

I use "arles image web page creator" -

http://www.digitaldutch.com/

I've heard good things about JAlbum -

http://jalbum.net/

Hap Shaughnessy

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:21:52 -0600, Johnny <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> I don't really find Photoshop's automated Web Photo Gallery feature all that
>> customizable, and I am not sure what to do if I want to ever add new
>> pictures to it, it seems that I would have to redo the whole gallery at once
>> every time I would like to add a photo (maybe I'm mistaken, and please
>> correct me)... But, other than just using an online service like PBase, if I
>> were to host my own gallery, what program would you recommend?

>I use "arles image web page creator" -
>
>http://www.digitaldutch.com/
>
>I've heard good things about JAlbum -
>
>http://jalbum.net/

JAlbum works for me. Freeware! Easy to use once you decide on a best
skin for you. Perfect for sharing pics with family & friends.

Very helpful web site, forum and tutorials.

My fave skin is ... Vertical - Pro.css, columns 1 - rows 6.

Sample: http://web.newsguy.com/zomby_woof/photos/index.htm

Hap

Joe Johnson

"Hap Shaughnessy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> JAlbum works for me. Freeware! Easy to use once you decide on a best
> skin for you. Perfect for sharing pics with family & friends.
>
> Very helpful web site, forum and tutorials.
>
> My fave skin is ... Vertical - Pro.css, columns 1 - rows 6.
>
> Sample: http://web.newsguy.com/zomby_woof/photos/index.htm
>
> Hap

Very nice set of fall pictures, Hap...

Stu

I use photo bucket seems so good so far and is an easy way to show friends
and family my photo's

http://photobucket.com/albums/v476/Goatsmilkuk/Goa/

Stu

Robert Feinman

In article <JZSod.11333$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> I don't really find Photoshop's automated Web Photo Gallery feature all that
> customizable, and I am not sure what to do if I want to ever add new
> pictures to it, it seems that I would have to redo the whole gallery at once
> every time I would like to add a photo (maybe I'm mistaken, and please
> correct me)... But, other than just using an online service like PBase, if I
> were to host my own gallery, what program would you recommend?
>
> Thanks

You have to learn how to edit the templates, not a simple task. There
are some others available on the Adobe web site.

When you add new photos it does rebuild the entire web site, but it doesn't
take long since pix already made are skipped.

--
Robert D Feinman
http://robertdfeinman.com

Hap Shaughnessy

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:12:43 GMT, "Joe Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Hap Shaughnessy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
>> JAlbum works for me. Freeware! Easy to use once you decide on a best
>> skin for you. Perfect for sharing pics with family & friends.
>>
>> Very helpful web site, forum and tutorials.
>>
>> My fave skin is ... Vertical - Pro.css, columns 1 - rows 6.
>>
>> Sample: http://web.newsguy.com/zomby_woof/photos/index.htm
>>
>> Hap

>Very nice set of fall pictures, Hap...

Thanks Joe.

Your follow-up made my day.

SkyPilot

"Stu" <(E-Mail Removed)> pounded on the keyboard and wrote:

>I use photo bucket seems so good so far and is an easy way to show friends
>and family my photo's
>
>http://photobucket.com/albums/v476/Goatsmilkuk/Goa/
>
>Stu

Stu,

I like Photobucket also. I just wish that one could customize the pages a
little more.

Brian

http://photobucket.com/albums/v367/brueger/
Brian J. Rueger | Hampton Div. of Fire & Rescue | "Who dares wins"
Lt./Paramedic | Fire Communications Officer | Hampton, VA.
B.S. Comm/I/SEL Pilot | MSgt, USAF (Ret.) 49199 | NREMT-P
Check out my home page: http://members.cox.net/brueger
Some of my photography: http://www.usefilm.com/photographer/34185.html
"Life's too short to drink LITE beer!"

Matthew Dranchak

I too like jAlbum.
Don't have a site with pics for you to look at but have used it to make
album to send to my daughter ( on a CD).
Works fine. It is freeware and has many skins that you can experiment with
until you find one you like.

"Jeffrey Stetz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JZSod.11333$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't really find Photoshop's automated Web Photo Gallery feature all
>that customizable, and I am not sure what to do if I want to ever add new
>pictures to it, it seems that I would have to redo the whole gallery at
>once every time I would like to add a photo (maybe I'm mistaken, and please
>correct me)... But, other than just using an online service like PBase, if
>I were to host my own gallery, what program would you recommend?
>
> Thanks

Matt Ion

Jeffrey Stetz wrote:

> I don't really find Photoshop's automated Web Photo Gallery feature all that
> customizable, and I am not sure what to do if I want to ever add new
> pictures to it, it seems that I would have to redo the whole gallery at once
> every time I would like to add a photo (maybe I'm mistaken, and please
> correct me)... But, other than just using an online service like PBase, if I
> were to host my own gallery, what program would you recommend?

If your webserver supports PHP, check out dAlbum - you can just drop the
pictures into place in folders, subfolders, etc., move them around,
whatever you want, then log into the site and tell it to reindex, and it
will automatically generate/regenerate thumbnails etc. and rebuild the
album on-the-fly. The only thing you have to upload are the pictures
themselves.

http://www.delx.ca/dalbum/

Try DVD Photo Album version 3.01 to make digital photo album playable on TV with DVD player Michael Shaw Digital Photography 1 09-24-2004 09:10 AM
photo web album Du Gu Digital Photography 0 09-06-2004 04:33 PM
zoomshare giving away free web sites including a photo album spoonieP Digital Photography 0 02-19-2004 05:46 PM
Photo Album Ben Cartwright ASP .Net 3 01-23-2004 03:32 AM
Web photo album with mutiple resolutions? Bruce Chastain HTML 6 10-27-2003 04:13 PM

Advertisments