Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How do you choose the final picture size?

How do you choose the final picture size?

Jeffrey Stetz

Do you ever just decide to not care about the file size because if you make
the photo itself any smaller it'll just lose all of its beauty? Sometimes I
see photos that I think are too small to be appreciated, and if they weren't
reduced in size so much, they'd be much more appealing. Anyone know what I'm
talking about? How do you decide "ok, this one is not getting resized any
further?!"

Joseph Meehan

Jeffrey Stetz wrote:
> Do you ever just decide to not care about the file size because if you
> make
> the photo itself any smaller it'll just lose all of its beauty? Sometimes
> see photos that I think are too small to be appreciated, and if they
> weren't
> reduced in size so much, they'd be much more appealing. Anyone know what
> I'm
> talking about? How do you decide "ok, this one is not getting resized any
> further?!"

Welcome to the art call photography.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Don Stauffer in Minneapolis

That is part of the art of it, whether digital or straight film.
Photography is still as much art as science. Different subjects
require different resolutions. Different approaches do also. What
are you trying to 'say' with the picture? There is almost no way in
photography that you can get good final results without some
experimenting. Sure, you will waste ink and paper sometimes. So
what. That is part of the hobby.

It is interesting to work with kids sometimes. They may pick a
subject, or a point of view, that you think is crazy, but hey, the
results are pretty good. I think we all need to be children sometimes
and try different stuff, not worrying to much about what problems MAY
occur with that approach, size, material, etc. Try it and see what
happens. If the print isn't much good, can it. If it is, mount it.

Don