Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon View 5 software vs iPhoto on a Mac

Nikon View 5 software vs iPhoto on a Mac

aristotle

Are there any advantages to installing "Nikon View 5" software on my
Mac when I already have "iPhoto" installed.

Ed Ruf

On 21 Nov 2004 09:39:17 -0800, in rec.photo.digital http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
(aristotle) wrote:

>Are there any advantages to installing "Nikon View 5" software on my
>Mac when I already have "iPhoto" installed.

Processing of raw NEF images?
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Phil Stripling

(E-Mail Removed) (aristotle) writes:

> Are there any advantages to installing "Nikon View 5" software on my
> Mac when I already have "iPhoto" installed.

I have an older CoolPix which doesn't shoot RAW. I installed the included
software on my Mac and had tons of problems with it. It really sucked. I
asked here about how to work with it, and the unanimous advice was to trash
it and use anything else.

I use GraphicConverter to manipulate images and iView Media Pro to
organize, catalogue, and keep track of digital imagery.

If whatever your camera is shoots RAW, and you use RAW, the Nikon software
may be all that can deal with that format, I'm sorry to say. If you don't
shoot RAW, I would continue using the software you're comfortable with.
The Civilized Explorer | spam and read later. email to philip@
http://www.cieux.com/ | my domain is read daily.

Jeffrey Jones

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Phil Stripling
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> If whatever your camera is shoots RAW, and you use RAW, the Nikon software
> may be all that can deal with that format, I'm sorry to say. If you don't
> shoot RAW, I would continue using the software you're comfortable with.

GraphicConverter can read Nikon's raw format.

Phil Stripling

Jeffrey Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> GraphicConverter can read Nikon's raw format.

Okay, that's a change. The last time I checked, it could only read
Canon's.