Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > anyone using google's PICASA

anyone using google's PICASA

howard

I have it and cannot quite make up mind if I want to keep using or not?

any insights, or tricks for a beginner (at PICASA)...

HooDooWitch

"howard" <fishfeeder@gmail(dot)com> somehow managed to post:

>I have it and cannot quite make up mind if I want to keep using or not?
>
>any insights, or tricks for a beginner (at PICASA)...

Used it, liked it, fell out with it, uninstalled it.

If you don't mind a gazillion picasa.ini files littering your hard
drives, it could be for you.

--
HooDooWitch
http://www.ianwhitephoto.co.uk

Julian Tan

G'day Howard,

I installed it and am still using it. It's quite nifty if you want an
easy way of browing your image collection visually. It's very fast to
scroll from folder to folder and very intuitive.

I love the "Hold" feature which pins images to a tray at the bottom --
so you can pick out specific photos and then do stuff with them.

It won't replace your image editor and manager though. For the latter
I use Photoshop Album Standard Edition(free) -- I use the tags feature
which is great for categorising all your photos, so that you can
quickly search through your collection later.

Regards,
Jules
http://www.shuttertalk.com
Digital photography forums and resources

Aerticeus

Yup - same here Julian

Picasa is (to me anyway) the same as a quick flick through the photoalbum

If I want to do a visual search Picasa is the tool I use

Aerticeus

"Julian Tan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> G'day Howard,
>
> I installed it and am still using it. It's quite nifty if you want an
> easy way of browing your image collection visually. It's very fast to
> scroll from folder to folder and very intuitive.
>
> I love the "Hold" feature which pins images to a tray at the bottom --
> so you can pick out specific photos and then do stuff with them.
>
> It won't replace your image editor and manager though. For the latter
> I use Photoshop Album Standard Edition(free) -- I use the tags feature
> which is great for categorising all your photos, so that you can
> quickly search through your collection later.
>
> Regards,
> Jules
> http://www.shuttertalk.com
> Digital photography forums and resources

Bob Hayden

I have been using it for a month or so now. By FAR the best feature for me
is the ease and simplicity of E-Mailing pics to to others with Picasa...it
does all the resizing and compressing and everything and then integrates
with Outlook Express. No duplicate files or anything.

Hey, it's free...they say you get what you pay for, but it's a great tool
especially at the price!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...