Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > COOL CIRCULAR POLARIZER DEMO !!!

COOL CIRCULAR POLARIZER DEMO !!!

Don dunlap

"Eric Gill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns95A55CDFE75FEericvgillyahoocom@63.223.5.24 6...
> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in
>

>> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message

>> re-loading

>>> There must be something funny going on with my IE 6.
>>> I'm on a Cable modem with tons of speed, and running a P4 3gig chip
>>> with

>> 1GB
>>> RAM.
>>>
>>> ??
>>> Not sure what the problem is.
>>> My browser seems to be completely re-downloading all pages--even
>>> pages I have just clicked from--as though it is ignoring the internet
>>> files cache.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts, anyone??

>> Interestingly, just deleting my Temporary Internet Files fixed the
>> problem! ??
>> Strange.

> Happens, especially under IE. Various corruption problems can be solved
> that way, too.
>
> It's a good idea to dump all your temp files every now and again, and
> there are utilities out there to automate the process.

There is a setting in Internet Options that defines the amount of storage
available for temp files. If you fill that up, you would get the effect
that you are describing. I agree with Eric, it is a good idea to dump your
temp files daily. I use Zone Alarm firewall and it dumps them routinely,
but there are many programs that will do it at intervals that you describe.

Don Dunlap

Owamanga

On 18 Nov 2004 15:21:56 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote:

>>From: "º\(*_*\)º NIKON4EVER" º(*_*)º(E-Mail Removed)

>>Access Denied. Bandwidth limit exceeded.

>Screw BellSouth!
>Guess they aren't used to hosting popular websites.
>
>Try this one:
>http://members.aol.com/annika1980/polarizer.html

Hmmm. One has a hand-cursor on it, and the other doesn't.

--
Owamanga!

Roland Karlsson

(E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> While waiting on the bus today, I decided to do a quick demo
> showing the effects of a circular polarizer.
> I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on the
> lens. It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
>
> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

Put your pictures elsewhere - I got - exceeded quota.

/Roland

Ken Davey

Roland Karlsson wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> While waiting on the bus today, I decided to do a quick demo
>> showing the effects of a circular polarizer.
>> I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on
>> the lens. It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
>>
>> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html
>>

> Put your pictures elsewhere - I got - exceeded quota.
>

> /Roland

Me too - and at the 'crack of dawn' this morning.

--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'

Annika1980

>From: Roland Karlsson (E-Mail Removed)

>Put your pictures elsewhere - I got - exceeded quota.

Try here:
http://members.aol.com/annika1980/polarizer.html

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=

Mark² wrote:

> There must be something funny going on with my IE 6.
> I'm on a Cable modem with tons of speed, and running a P4 3gig chip with 1GB
> RAM.

Yours is definitely bigger than mine.

--
Ben Thomas
given nor endorsed by it.

Mark²

"BenOne©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Mark² wrote:
>
> > There must be something funny going on with my IE 6.
> > I'm on a Cable modem with tons of speed, and running a P4 3gig chip with

1GB
> > RAM.
> >

> Yours is definitely bigger than mine.

Ya, and my computer probably is too...

Ray White

Don

Could you recommend some besides Zone Alarm.......

Thank
Ray

"> There is a setting in Internet Options that defines the amount of storage
> available for temp files. If you fill that up, you would get the effect
> that you are describing. I agree with Eric, it is a good idea to dump

your
> temp files daily. I use Zone Alarm firewall and it dumps them routinely,
> but there are many programs that will do it at intervals that you

describe.

> Don Dunlap

---

Patrick Mansfield

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 05:22:11 +0000, Eric Gill wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> While waiting on the bus today, I decided to do a quick demo
>> showing the effects of a circular polarizer.
>> I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on the
>> lens. It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
>>
>> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

> The only way you could have gotten a more perfect demo would have been to
> work a pond in somehow (and the building windows really illustrate that).
> Nice.

What is different about the left side of the far building?

Its windows stay white.

Are those just lit windows, white shades, or a different polarization of
the reflection?

-- Patrick

Owamanga

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:25:21 -0800, Patrick Mansfield
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 05:22:11 +0000, Eric Gill wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> While waiting on the bus today, I decided to do a quick demo
>>> showing the effects of a circular polarizer.
>>> I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on the
>>> lens. It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
>>>
>>> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

>> The only way you could have gotten a more perfect demo would have been to
>> work a pond in somehow (and the building windows really illustrate that).
>> Nice.

>What is different about the left side of the far building?
>
>Its windows stay white.
>
>Are those just lit windows, white shades, or a different polarization of
>the reflection?

It's the FBI setting the building up for a 9-11 style explosion.

...or mirrored glass?

--
Owamanga!