Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > COOL CIRCULAR POLARIZER DEMO !!!

COOL CIRCULAR POLARIZER DEMO !!!

Mark²

> [...]

re-loading
> > the
> > >
> > > Works instantly with IE 6, Mozilla and Thunderbird.
> > >
> > > Have no idea what problems you're got.
> > >

> > Maybe he's on 28.8 dial-up, works fine with my 5 mbps connection

> There must be something funny going on with my IE 6.
> I'm on a Cable modem with tons of speed, and running a P4 3gig chip with

1GB
> RAM.
>
> ??
> Not sure what the problem is.
> My browser seems to be completely re-downloading all pages--even pages I
> have just clicked from--as though it is ignoring the internet files cache.
>
> Any thoughts, anyone??

Interestingly, just deleting my Temporary Internet Files fixed the problem!
??
Strange.

Eric Gill

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> While waiting on the bus today, I decided to do a quick demo
> showing the effects of a circular polarizer.
> I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on the
> lens. It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
>
> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

The only way you could have gotten a more perfect demo would have been to
work a pond in somehow (and the building windows really illustrate that).
Nice.

TheNewsGuy

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:57:53 -0800, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
number here)@cox..net> wrote:
>> It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
>>
>> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

>Cool, but the roll-over thingy doesn't work without slowly re-loading the
>pic each time you move on or off with mouse.

Works fine for me - really quick change between the two. Nice

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
+ (two mirrored sites)
+ http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
+ http://wave.prohosting.com/tnguym NOWTHISWORKS
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

imbsysop

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:21:25 -0800, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
number here)@cox..net> wrote:

>"Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message

>re-loading
>> > the

>> > Maybe he's on 28.8 dial-up, works fine with my 5 mbps connection

>> There must be something funny going on with my IE 6.
>> I'm on a Cable modem with tons of speed, and running a P4 3gig chip with

>1GB
>> RAM.
>>
>> ??
>> Not sure what the problem is.
>> My browser seems to be completely re-downloading all pages--even pages I
>> have just clicked from--as though it is ignoring the internet files cache.
>>
>> Any thoughts, anyone??

>Interestingly, just deleting my Temporary Internet Files fixed the problem!
>??
>Strange.

not strange at all ..

Ken Oaf

On 18 Nov 2004 00:51:49 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote:

> While waiting on the bus today, I decided to do a quick demo
> showing the effects of a circular polarizer.
> I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on the lens.
> It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
>
> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

Does the 20D have a video mode? If so, it would make a rather interesting
video.

º\(*_*\)º NIKON4EVER

Access Denied. Bandwidth limit exceeded.

"Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> While waiting on the bus today, I decided to do a quick demo
> showing the effects of a circular polarizer.
> I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on the

lens.
> It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
>
> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

~Darrell Larose~

> "Darrell Larose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Eric Gill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Xns95A4D9F57BCEFericvgillyahoocom@63.223.5.25 4...
> > > "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in

> the

re-loading
> > the
> > >
> > > Works instantly with IE 6, Mozilla and Thunderbird.
> > >
> > > Have no idea what problems you're got.
> > >

> > Maybe he's on 28.8 dial-up, works fine with my 5 mbps connection

> There must be something funny going on with my IE 6.
> I'm on a Cable modem with tons of speed, and running a P4 3gig chip with

1GB
> RAM.
>
> ??
> Not sure what the problem is.
> My browser seems to be completely re-downloading all pages--even pages I
> have just clicked from--as though it is ignoring the internet files cache.
>
> Any thoughts, anyone??

Does your ISP use a proxy server? Some use a transparent proxy... just a
thought.

~Darrell Larose~

"Ken Oaf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 18 Nov 2004 00:51:49 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote:
>
> > While waiting on the bus today, I decided to do a quick demo
> > showing the effects of a circular polarizer.
> > I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on the

lens.
> > It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
> >
> > http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

> Does the 20D have a video mode? If so, it would make a rather interesting
> video.

I don't know any dSLR cameras with a video mode.

Eric Gill

> re-loading
>> > the

>> > Maybe he's on 28.8 dial-up, works fine with my 5 mbps connection

>> There must be something funny going on with my IE 6.
>> I'm on a Cable modem with tons of speed, and running a P4 3gig chip
>> with

> 1GB
>> RAM.
>>
>> ??
>> Not sure what the problem is.
>> My browser seems to be completely re-downloading all pages--even
>> pages I have just clicked from--as though it is ignoring the internet
>> files cache.
>>
>> Any thoughts, anyone??

> Interestingly, just deleting my Temporary Internet Files fixed the
> problem! ??
> Strange.

Happens, especially under IE. Various corruption problems can be solved
that way, too.

It's a good idea to dump all your temp files every now and again, and
there are utilities out there to automate the process.

Annika1980

>From: "º\(*_*\)º NIKON4EVER" º(*_*)º(E-Mail Removed)

>Access Denied. Bandwidth limit exceeded.

Screw BellSouth!
Guess they aren't used to hosting popular websites.

Try this one:
http://members.aol.com/annika1980/polarizer.html