Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The best CF for skin tones?

The best CF for skin tones?

Will M

Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)

Russ

Will M wrote:
> Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)

Now, if this group were frequented by audiophiles, you'd get someone
suggesting that the slower cards are better because they allow more time for
the subtle variations of skintones to be recorded more faithfully. They'd
then direct you to some online merchant who'd they recently bought a 1x 64Mb
card off for $300.

Douglas W. Hoyt

Definitely

Douglas W. Hoyt

Definitely the Revlon Eterna 27 (with exclusive Progenitin).

AU Digital POTD

"Will M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sIQmd.7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)

.....didn't someone ask here once for help to find a B&W card?? ....and was
serious too!

Rob

Russ wrote:
> Will M wrote:
>
>>Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)

> Now, if this group were frequented by audiophiles, you'd get someone
> suggesting that the slower cards are better because they allow more time for
> the subtle variations of skintones to be recorded more faithfully. They'd
> then direct you to some online merchant who'd they recently bought a 1x 64Mb
> card off for $300.

I recently found two Smart Media cards new in original packet. Sega
Brand labeled Digital Media wait ------ 4Mbit (0.5M). Price $39.00.
That makes it $78 per Mb.

AHHHH nostalgia.

Yes they are for sale!

Annika1980

>>The best CF for skin tones?

Any of them as long as you don't put them in a Sigma.

Wolf359

Codak Film - Portra 160

"Russ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Will M wrote:
> > Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)

> Now, if this group were frequented by audiophiles, you'd get someone
> suggesting that the slower cards are better because they allow more time

for
> the subtle variations of skintones to be recorded more faithfully. They'd
> then direct you to some online merchant who'd they recently bought a 1x

64Mb
> card off for $300.

Bob Harrington

AU Digital POTD wrote:
> "Will M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:sIQmd.7$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)
>>

> ....didn't someone ask here once for help to find a B&W card??
> ....and was serious too!

What with Kodak shutting down all their Kodachrome processing labs, I'm
sure glad I bought an Ektachrome Microdrive!

Big Bill

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:58:06 -0600, "Douglas W. Hoyt"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Definitely the Revlon Eterna 27 (with exclusive Progenitin).

BULL!
The Sigma SD3A is the industry standard CF card if you want perfect
skin tones!
Not only does it record perfect skin tones, but because of the way it
stacks its memory cells, a 256 meg SD3A will actually store over 1
Gigabyte of files! Only Sigma has this technology.
When used with a Sigma SD9 or SD10 camera, the SD3A will also add
image stabilization. This is good for at least 4 stops. If you use a
tripod, add another 2 stops.
I'd link to a site to demonstrate this, but the web being what it is,
you couldn't see the images in their full glory. However, for a
$15.00US fee (plus shipping of $4.95), I will send a 3.5" floppy
anywhere in the continental US with one sample image.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"