Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The best CF for skin tones?

The best CF for skin tones?

DJ

ROTFL

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:31:07 -0700, Big Bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Definitely the Revlon Eterna 27 (with exclusive Progenitin).
>>

>BULL!
>The Sigma SD3A is the industry standard CF card if you want perfect
>skin tones!
>Not only does it record perfect skin tones, but because of the way it
>stacks its memory cells, a 256 meg SD3A will actually store over 1
>Gigabyte of files! Only Sigma has this technology.
>When used with a Sigma SD9 or SD10 camera, the SD3A will also add
>image stabilization. This is good for at least 4 stops. If you use a
>tripod, add another 2 stops.
>I'd link to a site to demonstrate this, but the web being what it is,
>you couldn't see the images in their full glory. However, for a
>$15.00US fee (plus shipping of $4.95), I will send a 3.5" floppy
>anywhere in the continental US with one sample image.

Ronald Hands

>> Will M wrote:
>>

>> Now, if this group were frequented by audiophiles, you'd get someone
>> suggesting that the slower cards are better because they allow more
>> time for
>> the subtle variations of skintones to be recorded more faithfully. They'd
>> then direct you to some online merchant who'd they recently bought a
>> 1x 64Mb
>> card off for $300.

You realize, of course, that to preserve all the nuances of those
skintones, the photos must be transferred to the computer *only* by
means of gold-plated Monster Cables.

-- Ron

Frank ess

Ronald Hands wrote:
>>> Will M wrote:
>>>

>>> Now, if this group were frequented by audiophiles, you'd get someone
>>> suggesting that the slower cards are better because they allow more
>>> time for
>>> the subtle variations of skintones to be recorded more faithfully.
>>> They'd then direct you to some online merchant who'd they recently
>>> bought a 1x 64Mb
>>> card off for $300.

> You realize, of course, that to preserve all the nuances of those
> skintones, the photos must be transferred to the computer *only* by
> means of gold-plated Monster Cables.
>
> -- Ron

In an oxygen-free environment, judging by the brainwork that goes into
them.

--
Frank ess

Hunt

>Will M wrote:
>> Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)

>Now, if this group were frequented by audiophiles, you'd get someone
>suggesting that the slower cards are better because they allow more time for
>the subtle variations of skintones to be recorded more faithfully. They'd
>then direct you to some online merchant who'd they recently bought a 1x 64Mb
>card off for $300.

I'd never pay that for a 1x 64MB CF card, unless it had vacuum tubes!!!!!

Hunt

Rob

Hunt wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>>Will M wrote:
>>
>>>Sorry, I couldn't help myself =)

>>Now, if this group were frequented by audiophiles, you'd get someone
>>suggesting that the slower cards are better because they allow more time for
>>the subtle variations of skintones to be recorded more faithfully. They'd
>>then direct you to some online merchant who'd they recently bought a 1x 64Mb
>>card off for $300.

> I'd never pay that for a 1x 64MB CF card, unless it had vacuum tubes!!!!!
>
> Hunt

That sucks!

Bob Harrington

Big Bill wrote:

>> Definitely the Revlon Eterna 27 (with exclusive Progenitin).
>>

> BULL!
> The Sigma SD3A is the industry standard CF card if you want perfect
> skin tones!
> Not only does it record perfect skin tones, but because of the way it
> stacks its memory cells, a 256 meg SD3A will actually store over 1
> Gigabyte of files! Only Sigma has this technology.
> When used with a Sigma SD9 or SD10 camera, the SD3A will also add
> image stabilization. This is good for at least 4 stops. If you use a
> tripod, add another 2 stops.
> I'd link to a site to demonstrate this, but the web being what it is,
> you couldn't see the images in their full glory. However, for a
> $15.00US fee (plus shipping of $4.95), I will send a 3.5" floppy
> anywhere in the continental US with one sample image.

Well, okay, maybe. I quit buying Sigma 5.25" floppy disks because they
always made my BASIC programs look kinda mauve-ish...

> Bill Funk
> Change "g" to "a"

"Chanae" Did I do good? What do I win? ;^)

Bob ^,,^

Michael A. Covington

Anyone want to estimate how many people will not realize that this thread is
a joke?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...