Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > HELP: How to disassemble Canon A70?

HELP: How to disassemble Canon A70?

Robert J Batina

Canon A70 PowerShot

There are a bunch of teeny screws in this thing, but I still don't think
I've taken all of them out, enough so that I can pry the case apart to see
the guts. The little pins in the CF card slot got mashed, and I'm thinking
about digging around and trying to fix it myself... I just don't wanna
crack the case or cut a wire in the process.

Anyone have a handy-dandy "how to" page with details for disassembling this
little camera?

TIA.

Toe.

--
The Toe Pages:
http://www.rubbertoe.com

Hornbill

You are a hero! When you have gone thru everything. Write up an article.
Many may want to follow.

"Robert J Batina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kJImd.12405$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Canon A70 PowerShot
>
> There are a bunch of teeny screws in this thing, but I still don't think
> I've taken all of them out, enough so that I can pry the case apart to see
> the guts. The little pins in the CF card slot got mashed, and I'm

thinking
> about digging around and trying to fix it myself... I just don't wanna
> crack the case or cut a wire in the process.
>
> Anyone have a handy-dandy "how to" page with details for disassembling

this
> little camera?
>
> TIA.
>
> Toe.
>
> --
> The Toe Pages:
> http://www.rubbertoe.com

P.R.Brady

Robert J Batina wrote:
> Canon A70 PowerShot
>
> There are a bunch of teeny screws in this thing, but I still don't think
> I've taken all of them out, enough so that I can pry the case apart to see
> the guts. The little pins in the CF card slot got mashed, and I'm thinking
> about digging around and trying to fix it myself... I just don't wanna
> crack the case or cut a wire in the process.
>
> Anyone have a handy-dandy "how to" page with details for disassembling this
> little camera?
>
> TIA.
>
> Toe.

If you google on 'canon e18 error' you'll find brave souls who have
dismantled Ixuses (Ixi?) to fix sticking zooms - maybe an A70 story out
there somewhere?

Phil

tomcas

Robert J Batina wrote:
> Canon A70 PowerShot
>
> There are a bunch of teeny screws in this thing, but I still don't think
> I've taken all of them out, enough so that I can pry the case apart to see
> the guts. The little pins in the CF card slot got mashed, and I'm thinking
> about digging around and trying to fix it myself... I just don't wanna
> crack the case or cut a wire in the process.
>
> Anyone have a handy-dandy "how to" page with details for disassembling this
> little camera?
>
> TIA.
>
> Toe.

I have taken apart my A70.Don't forget the 2 screws on the bottom, 1 on
the back under the compact flash door,1 under the compact flash slot
heading into the area of the wrist strap,1 screw in the CR battery
compartment accessible after removing the CR battery, remove the wrist
strap,2 screw in the AA battery compartment, remove the top
zoom/shutter/speaker thingy even if you don't unplug the connector but
just have it hanging loose. Next, this is where it gets hairy. The back
cover will come off by prying at the bottom and almost pivoting at the
top, but the bastard has little catches at the top.