Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Largest memory stick for Sony DSC-F707

Largest memory stick for Sony DSC-F707

Jo D

Hi there all,

I would like to know if the Sony DSC-F707
http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer...07_specs.shtml
can use larger capacity memory sticks than 128Mb. If it can, what is the
maximum??
I have not been able to easily find this info. out. I will assume this
camera cannot use memory stick Pro because it is an old model.

Can someone please confirm/correct my understanding....
This is my current understanding. Memory stick is limited to 128Mb. A newer
version of memory stick contains 2 x 128Mb (256Mb total) but can only use
128mb at a time before removing the card and switching to the other side for
the other 128Mb. This is a workaround for older non memory stick pro
devices.

Thanks

Jo D

Confused

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:43:14 GMT
In message <CBmmd.38329$(E-Mail Removed)>
"Jo D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi there all,
>
> I would like to know if the Sony DSC-F707
> http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer...07_specs.shtml
> can use larger capacity memory sticks than 128Mb. If it can, what is the
> maximum??
> I have not been able to easily find this info. out. I will assume this
> camera cannot use memory stick Pro because it is an old model.
>
> Can someone please confirm/correct my understanding....
> This is my current understanding. Memory stick is limited to 128Mb. A newer
> version of memory stick contains 2 x 128Mb (256Mb total) but can only use
> 128mb at a time before removing the card and switching to the other side for
> the other 128Mb. This is a workaround for older non memory stick pro

I carry around a Sony F717 as a backup camera and for other
folks to use. I have a Sony 512MEG Memory Stick Pro and never had a
problem with it. It's also a good match for the battery (ie I've
never run out of battery before running out of card space).

Jeff

jimkramer

"Jo D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CBmmd.38329$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there all,
>
> I would like to know if the Sony DSC-F707
> http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer...07_specs.shtml
> can use larger capacity memory sticks than 128Mb. If it can, what is the
> maximum??
> I have not been able to easily find this info. out. I will assume this
> camera cannot use memory stick Pro because it is an old model.
>
> Can someone please confirm/correct my understanding....
> This is my current understanding. Memory stick is limited to 128Mb. A
> newer
> version of memory stick contains 2 x 128Mb (256Mb total) but can only use
> 128mb at a time before removing the card and switching to the other side
> for
> the other 128Mb. This is a workaround for older non memory stick pro
> devices.
>

> Thanks
>
> Jo D

128 is as big as the 707 will take. But there is the MS Duo which is "two"
128's in one MS; you do need to physically remove the stick and flip a
switch to use the other 128.

Jim Kramer

Jo D

> I carry around a Sony F717 as a backup camera and for other
> folks to use. I have a Sony 512MEG Memory Stick Pro and never had a
> problem with it. It's also a good match for the battery (ie I've
> never run out of battery before running out of card space).
>
> Jeff

The 717 is an updated version of the 707 which can use memory stick pro. The
707 is an older version which I understand can only use the "old memory
stick", unless anyone has differing experiences

Confused

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:32:27 GMT
"Jo D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > I carry around a Sony F717 as a backup camera and for other

> <SNIP>
>
> The 717 is an updated version of the 707
> <SNIP>

I thought I read "717"... sorry to waist your time. Sometimes I ask
myself "what don't I get about the neuro in neuro-muscular..." ;^)

Jeff