Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photo Editing Software

Photo Editing Software

Ray

I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
resolution of photos for emailing.

Any advice much appreciated.

Renee

"Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
> I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
> resolution of photos for emailing.
>
> Any advice much appreciated.

Are you using Windows XP?

You can right-click on a file, and send it to an e-mail recipient. Then
you'll get an option for reducing the file size for e-mail.

Renee

GTO

Corel's PaintShop Pro 9. It comes with a very nice digital noise removal
filter.

Gregor

"Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
> I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
> resolution of photos for emailing.
>
> Any advice much appreciated.

wald

"Renee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
>> I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing
>> digital photos. I'm particularly interested in a program that
>> will compress/reduce the resolution of photos for emailing.

> Are you using Windows XP?
>
> You can right-click on a file, and send it to an e-mail
> recipient. Then you'll get an option for reducing the file size
> for e-mail.

Hardly an accurate solution...

To the OP: try IrfanView, it does all you want without hassle.
Cropping/resizing/configurable compression/...

Regards,
Wald

YAG-ART

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:02:29 -0600, "Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
>I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
>resolution of photos for emailing.

Adobe Photoshop Elements

Owamanga

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:15:35 GMT, YAG-ART <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:02:29 -0600, "Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
>>I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
>>resolution of photos for emailing.

>Adobe Photoshop Elements

....will exceed your expectations. A good choice.

--
Owamanga!

Jeremy

"Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
> I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
> resolution of photos for emailing.
>
> Any advice much appreciated.

Try Kodak Easy Share, FREE available on the Kodak web site. It might be
exactly what you are seeking. Costs nothing to download and use it.

Markeau

Picasa is nice, and free:
http://www.picasa.com/picasa/

And the Microsoft digital image editing products are very easy-to-use:
http://www.microsoft.com/products/imaging/choose.aspx

And then of course Photoshop Elements is excellent but it is probably
much greater than "middle of road" (and can be difficult for novices).

Ray wrote:
> I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital
> photos. I'm particularly interested in a program that will
> compress/reduce the resolution of photos for emailing.
>
> Any advice much appreciated.

Ed Ruf

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:02:29 -0600, in rec.photo.digital "Ray"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
>I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
>resolution of photos for emailing.

On the Windows side, for free Irfanview will do this in batches quite
easily. http://www.irfanview.com
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com

mortn

Ed Ruf wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:02:29 -0600, in rec.photo.digital "Ray"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
>>I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
>>resolution of photos for emailing.

> On the Windows side, for free Irfanview will do this in batches quite
> easily. http://www.irfanview.com
> Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ((E-Mail Removed))
> See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
> http://EdwardGRuf.com

Take a good look at PaintShop Pro 9. It's a truly wonderful program and it won't
bankrupt you.