Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Can I have 2 IP addresses on our internal interface on our cisco pix firewall

Can I have 2 IP addresses on our internal interface on our cisco pix firewall

bgamblin@spvg.com

We have to change our internal ip addressing scheme, and I was
wondering if someone can tell me if I can have 2 ip addresses on our
internal interface on our cisco pix firewall.

What we have in mind is to bind 2 ip addresses to all of our servers
nic's, and then also have 2 ip addresses on our pix firewall and
eventually get rid of all our old addresses and just have the new
scheme. If anyone has had to ever change there internal ip addressin
scheme and have any insight on the best way to accomplish this I would
love to hear your ideas.

Thanks for you help.

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:We have to change our internal ip addressing scheme, and I was
:wondering if someone can tell me if I can have 2 ip addresses on our
:internal interface on our cisco pix firewall.

More No then Yes.

:What we have in mind is to bind 2 ip addresses to all of our servers
:nic's, and then also have 2 ip addresses on our pix firewall and
:eventually get rid of all our old addresses and just have the new
:scheme. If anyone has had to ever change there internal ip addressin
:scheme and have any insight on the best way to accomplish this I would
:love to hear your ideas.

Please refer to my posting of a couple of weeks ago,
http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.d...a4c986aa90ab00

To which I would add: it's easier if you have LAN router to route
between the two IP spaces as long as you are in transition.

-- Rich Kulawiec