Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Rail fans

Rail fans

Ken Davey

On topic - all photos 10D.
http://www.rupert.net/~solar/
Comments welcome.
There are glaring mistakes due to my primitive understanding of Photoshop
but it was a work of love.
Regards.
Ken.

--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'

Ken Weitzel

Ken Davey wrote:

> On topic - all photos 10D.
> http://www.rupert.net/~solar/
> Comments welcome.
> There are glaring mistakes due to my primitive understanding of Photoshop
> but it was a work of love.
> Regards.
> Ken.

Hi...

Nice. No excuses necessary

Question though, if I may? How in the world could
a train possibly travel on those tracks without
bucking itself off the tracks? Are the 'squiggly'
tracks still in use?

Take care.

Ken

Ken Davey

Ken Weitzel wrote:
> Ken Davey wrote:
>
>> On topic - all photos 10D.
>> http://www.rupert.net/~solar/
>> Comments welcome.
>> There are glaring mistakes due to my primitive understanding of
>> Photoshop but it was a work of love.
>> Regards.
>> Ken.

> Hi...
>
> Nice. No excuses necessary
>
> Question though, if I may? How in the world could
> a train possibly travel on those tracks without
> bucking itself off the tracks? Are the 'squiggly'
> tracks still in use?
>
> Take care.
>
> Ken

They are still in use.
I travel on those tracks (that train) almost daily.
It is *slow*. I am talking about almost being able to beat the train to town
walking fast.
Regards.
Ken.

--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'
http://www.spammotel.com

Frank ess

Ken Davey wrote:
> Ken Weitzel wrote:
>> Ken Davey wrote:
>>
>>> On topic - all photos 10D.
>>> http://www.rupert.net/~solar/
>>> Comments welcome.
>>> There are glaring mistakes due to my primitive understanding of
>>> Photoshop but it was a work of love.
>>> Regards.
>>> Ken.

>> Hi...
>>
>> Nice. No excuses necessary
>>
>> Question though, if I may? How in the world could
>> a train possibly travel on those tracks without
>> bucking itself off the tracks? Are the 'squiggly'
>> tracks still in use?
>>
>> Take care.
>>
>> Ken

> They are still in use.
> I travel on those tracks (that train) almost daily.
> It is *slow*. I am talking about almost being able to beat the train
> to town walking fast.
> Regards.
> Ken.

I really enjoyed seeing this little slice of life. Sad how transient
even the 'solid' things can be.
Thanks for the opportunity.

I'm not seeing the Ceiba map. Is there one too many jpgs in the image
source file name?

--
Frank ess

Ken Davey

Frank ess wrote:
> Ken Davey wrote:
>> Ken Weitzel wrote:

>>> Hi...
>>>
>>> Nice. No excuses necessary
>>>
>>> Question though, if I may? How in the world could
>>> a train possibly travel on those tracks without
>>> bucking itself off the tracks? Are the 'squiggly'
>>> tracks still in use?
>>>
>>> Take care.
>>>
>>> Ken

>> They are still in use.
>> I travel on those tracks (that train) almost daily.
>> It is *slow*. I am talking about almost being able to beat the train
>> to town walking fast.
>> Regards.
>> Ken.

> I really enjoyed seeing this little slice of life. Sad how transient
> even the 'solid' things can be.
> Thanks for the opportunity.
>
> I'm not seeing the Ceiba map. Is there one too many jpgs in the image
> source file name?

Could be. I have been having trouble with that page. Will keep working on
it.

Ken.

--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'
http://www.spammotel.com

BobS

Ken,

Interesting and I for one would like to see more. May I ask what you are
doing in that part of the world?

Bob S.

"Ken Davey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On topic - all photos 10D.
> http://www.rupert.net/~solar/
> Comments welcome.
> There are glaring mistakes due to my primitive understanding of Photoshop
> but it was a work of love.
> Regards.
> Ken.
>

> --
> http://www.rupert.net/~solar
> Return address supplied by 'spammotel'
> http://www.spammotel.com

Jer

Ken Weitzel wrote:

> Ken Davey wrote:
>
>> On topic - all photos 10D.
>> http://www.rupert.net/~solar/
>> Comments welcome.
>> There are glaring mistakes due to my primitive understanding of
>> Photoshop but it was a work of love.
>> Regards.
>> Ken.

> Hi...
>
> Nice. No excuses necessary
>
> Question though, if I may? How in the world could
> a train possibly travel on those tracks without
> bucking itself off the tracks? Are the 'squiggly'
> tracks still in use?
>
> Take care.
>
> Ken

Lends a whole new meaning to the term 'light rail' doesn't it?

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Orrin Iseminger

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:44:58 -0600, "Ken Davey"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On topic - all photos 10D.
>http://www.rupert.net/~solar/
>Comments welcome.
>There are glaring mistakes due to my primitive understanding of Photoshop
>but it was a work of love.
>Regards.
>Ken.

Ken --

Thank you for posting the pictures. Fascinating.

IMHO, some of the folks in the USA who think they have it tough ought
to take a look at them.

Orrin

Ken Davey

BobS wrote:
> Ken,
>
> Interesting and I for one would like to see more. May I ask what you
> are doing in that part of the world?
>
> Bob S.
>
> "Ken Davey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On topic - all photos 10D.
>> http://www.rupert.net/~solar/
>> Comments welcome.

I am retired and spend my winters here. Beats staying at home - about 120
miles south of the Alaskan Pan Handle.
Ken.

--

Jer wrote:
> Ken Weitzel wrote:
>

>> Ken Davey wrote:
>>
>>> On topic - all photos 10D.
>>> http://www.rupert.net/~solar/
>>> Comments welcome.
>>> There are glaring mistakes due to my primitive understanding of
>>> Photoshop but it was a work of love.
>>> Regards.
>>> Ken.

>> Hi...
>>
>> Nice. No excuses necessary
>>
>> Question though, if I may? How in the world could
>> a train possibly travel on those tracks without
>> bucking itself off the tracks? Are the 'squiggly'
>> tracks still in use?
>>
>> Take care.
>>
>> Ken
>>

> Lends a whole new meaning to the term 'light rail' doesn't it?

You ought to see how beat up the 're-railer' is that hangs off the engine.
Ken..