Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon A70 Purple fringing

Canon A70 Purple fringing

Rick

I have a Canon A70 and I am very pleased with it. I take mostly outdoor
pictures and thus there are are a lot a trees and blue skies. This leads to
alot of purple fringing. Is there any tricks to minimizing the amount of
fringing I get.
Thanks RickB

JohnR

If you have PhotoShop, I believe downloadable filters have been made for
this. I wonder if there is something else out there that does it?
John

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Canon A70 and I am very pleased with it. I take mostly outdoor
> pictures and thus there are are a lot a trees and blue skies. This leads

> alot of purple fringing. Is there any tricks to minimizing the amount of
> fringing I get.
> Thanks RickB

David J Taylor

JohnR wrote:
> If you have PhotoShop, I believe downloadable filters have been made
> for this. I wonder if there is something else out there that does it?
> John

A very effective Chromic Aberration Reduction function is built into Paint
Shop Pro 9.

David

Ron Joiner

David J Taylor wrote:
> JohnR wrote:
>
>>If you have PhotoShop, I believe downloadable filters have been made
>>for this. I wonder if there is something else out there that does it?
>>John

> A very effective Chromic Aberration Reduction function is built into Paint
> Shop Pro 9.
>
> David

Does version 8 have it David?

Renee

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Canon A70 and I am very pleased with it. I take mostly outdoor
>pictures and thus there are are a lot a trees and blue skies. This leads to
>alot of purple fringing. Is there any tricks to minimizing the amount of
>fringing I get.
> Thanks RickB

Rick,

Does your camera allow manual adjustment of the aperture setting? Courtesy
of Sleeperman, here's his tip for minimizing the amount of purple fringing
you get in the first place:

It can be reduced by closing the aperture by one or two values
(using a higher F-stop value).

The original post pertains to a different Canon model, but it should work on
yours as well.

Renee

David J Taylor

Ron Joiner wrote:
> David J Taylor wrote:

[]
>> A very effective Chromic Aberration Reduction function is built into
>> Paint Shop Pro 9.
>>
>> David
>>

> Does version 8 have it David?

No, it's one of the reasons to upgrade to V9, the other being the Digitcal
Camera Noise Reduction function, which also works very effectively.

Cheers,
David

Rockin Ronnie

David J Taylor wrote:

> Ron Joiner wrote:
>
>>David J Taylor wrote:

> []
>
>>>A very effective Chromic Aberration Reduction function is built into
>>>Paint Shop Pro 9.
>>>
>>>David
>>>

>>Does version 8 have it David?

> No, it's one of the reasons to upgrade to V9, the other being the Digitcal
> Camera Noise Reduction function, which also works very effectively.
>
> Cheers,
> David

I'm pretty much sold on PSP so I think it may be worthwhile to upgrade.