Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > D70 books - Dennis Curtin or Magic Lantern

D70 books - Dennis Curtin or Magic Lantern

Christopher Muto

any one have comments on the dennis curtin book "a short course in nikon d70
photography" available on amazon for $35 for both paper book and ebook form?
also i see that magic lantern has a book for the d70 due out on 12/30/04 and
that buy.com is accepting orders. any insight on that book? thanks.

Howard McCollister

"Christopher Muto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> any one have comments on the dennis curtin book "a short course in nikon
> d70 photography" available on amazon for $35 for both paper book and ebook
> form? also i see that magic lantern has a book for the d70 due out on
> 12/30/04 and that buy.com is accepting orders. any insight on that book?
> thanks.

Thom Hogan has written a complete guide to the Nikon D70, an e-book in .pdf
format (on disk) cleverly titled "Complete Guide to the Nikon D70" . Thom is
an excptionally clear technical writer, and he is honest about pros and cons
of the cameras he reviews, even to the point of irritating Nikon a little.
Definitely no-spin books. I have his other books on the S2 Pro and Nikon
D2H. They are exceptionally well-written, very comprehensive and extremely
useful. I have no doubt that the D70 e-book is the same.

Look at http://www.bythom.com/d70guide.htm

HMc

G-Man

I have Thom Hogan's book, Peter iNova's book and the Short Course.

In order I'd go:

Thom
Peter
Dennis

G-Man

PS, all good books, Short course is very elementary.

"Christopher Muto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> any one have comments on the dennis curtin book "a short course in nikon
> d70 photography" available on amazon for $35 for both paper book and ebook
> form? also i see that magic lantern has a book for the d70 due out on
> 12/30/04 and that buy.com is accepting orders. any insight on that book?
> thanks.

Eager

In article <FQold.1169$tI3.386@trndny01>, Christopher Muto
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> any one have comments on the dennis curtin book "a short course in nikon d70
> photography" available on amazon for $35 for both paper book and ebook form?
> also i see that magic lantern has a book for the d70 due out on 12/30/04 and
> that buy.com is accepting orders. any insight on that book? thanks.

I agree with the recommendations for Thom Hogan's book -- it's
technically deep and very complete. I read it once after I bought the
D70 and learned a ton. A couple months later I reread the entire book
and found lots of material that I wasn't yet ready for during the first
reading. Now it's a couple months later and I'm probably due for
another reading...

-=-Joe

Christopher Muto

Thanks to everyone that replied.

news:141120041540497767%(E-Mail Removed)...