Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 3d effects (at a not too modest price)

3d effects (at a not too modest price)

m II

I wonder if they'll sell many. It's too rich for my blood...

http://www.3dphotopro.com/galleries/...s/flowers.html

mike

Owamanga

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:36:54 GMT, m II <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I wonder if they'll sell many. It's too rich for my blood...
>
>http://www.3dphotopro.com/galleries/...s/flowers.html
>
>mike

I did hunt around a while back and found a supplier of lenticular
sheets at MUCH better prices. Software to make the image is way
overpriced given the simplicity of the problem (simply building an
image based on stripes from 2-10 source images).

Modern ink-jets are quite capable of printing at the resolutions
required. Excluding software, you should be able to construct a 8x10
back-lit 3D image that can be viewed with no colored glasses etc for
about $50, most of this would be for the frame and backlighting.

--
Owamanga!

GUIs - A Modest Proposal ant Python 330 10-08-2011 07:19 PM
Community (A Modest Proposal) rantingrick Python 37 06-15-2010 04:14 PM
A Modest Proposal Joseph Meehan Digital Photography 45 06-29-2006 08:49 PM
user-defined operators: a very modest proposal Steve R. Hastings Python 17 11-24-2005 08:37 AM

Advertisments