Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT - London camera shops (UK)

OT - London camera shops (UK)

Quincy Fuscienne

Hello groupers! I'm in London visiting my Mum. I'd like to purchase an
external flash for my Konica Minolta A2 while I'm here, and a high
capacity memory card. Any ideas where I can look?

Thanks group! -Quincy

MJ@MJ.com

On 9 Nov 2004 21:39:30 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Quincy
Fuscienne) wrote:

>Hello groupers! I'm in London visiting my Mum. I'd like to purchase an
>external flash for my Konica Minolta A2 while I'm here, and a high
>capacity memory card. Any ideas where I can look?
>
>Thanks group! -Quincy

Without knowing where you are in London it's hard to say. But if you
want ot make a trip to somewhere then maybe Jessops in New Oxford
Street. They have other branches -
http://www.jessops.com/stores/index.cfm . I think there's also a
London Camera Exchange in the same road.

At one end of New Oxford Street is Tottenham Court Road, which has a
few places selling camera and other electronics.

MJ

Ken Tough

Quincy Fuscienne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello groupers! I'm in London visiting my Mum. I'd like to purchase an
>external flash for my Konica Minolta A2 while I'm here, and a high
>capacity memory card. Any ideas where I can look?

Have a look at:

http://ukcamera.com/towns/london.htm

There's lots of shops near Tottenham Court Rd tube station.
Most will negotiate prices.

--
Ken Tough

Angela

"Quincy Fuscienne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello groupers! I'm in London visiting my Mum. I'd like to purchase an
> external flash for my Konica Minolta A2 while I'm here, and a high
> capacity memory card. Any ideas where I can look?
>
> Thanks group! -Quincy

Tottenham Court Road - and haggle, they will all usually negotiate on price
particulalry if competeing with each other for business

Martin Brown

In message <(E-Mail Removed) >, Quincy
Fuscienne <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Hello groupers! I'm in London visiting my Mum. I'd like to purchase an
>external flash for my Konica Minolta A2 while I'm here, and a high
>capacity memory card. Any ideas where I can look?

Tottenham Court Road and Edgeware Road have a fair number of shops with
digital gear in. They tend to be a bit cheaper for memory than the
camera shops - and London is expensive cf Hong Kong or Singapore.

Buy Amateur Photographer and check the best prices.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown