Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: Do I need a router?

Re: Do I need a router?

Jack

Hi.
This might help: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Nickabcuk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to set up a wireless network in my home, I have 4 possibly 5 pc's

that are all within a 100 metres of each other and they have varying MS
operating systems, win98, win me, win xp etc. The main reason for setting
up the network is to share broadband internet and maybe printing and
scanning. Will I need a router to do this or is there a way without one,
assuming I buy a bunch of compatible (say 802.11b) adaptors to use?