Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Watching Sony MPEG Fine movies on aDVD

Watching Sony MPEG Fine movies on aDVD

Whin. G

I have been using my Sony P100 to take some movies in MPEG VX fine at
30fps. I have burnt the videos onto a cd but I have been unable to
watch them on my dvd player without the video coming out all stilted.
When I repeat the process and put the image quality down to 15fps the
video works fine on the DVD player but obviously the resolution isn't
as good..

I figure that there are two alternatives:

1. Get a new dvd player - not my preferred option but does anyone
know of a DVD player that plays MPEG VX fine?

2. Change the format of video to a VCD or another format that is
compatable with a DVD player. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Onno Voors

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Whin. G) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> 2. Change the format of video to a VCD or another format that is
> compatable with a DVD player. Does anyone know how to do this?

You can do this quite easily with Tmpgenc, which is freeware for MPEG1
(vcd) encoding. it also has a 30-day trial period for Mpeg2 (dvd) encoding.
I have done this with mpegs from my DSC P32, and the result was quite good,
at least in comparison with the original clip.
Go to www.videohelp.com for further info on converting.

One problem was that Tmpgenc did not recognize the audio. I worked around
this by using freeware Virtualdub to save the audio in WAV format, which
Tmpgenc did recognize as an audio source.

--
Onno Voors