Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 20D GOES SOLAR !!!

20D GOES SOLAR !!!

Annika1980

Well sun worshipers, here's one I took today, taking advantage of some early
morning fog:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946204

And here's a strange one I took the other evening as I was driving up I-75:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946205

Michael A. Covington

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well sun worshipers, here's one I took today, taking advantage of some
> early
> morning fog:
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946204

Again, that 400mm lens is remarkable.

I've taken the plunge. Last night I ordered a Digital Rebel.

Soon to be shooting the stars with a Canon...

--
Clear skies,

Michael A. Covington
www.covingtoninnovations.com/astromenu.html

Kevin McMurtrie

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote:

> Well sun worshipers, here's one I took today, taking advantage of some early
> morning fog:
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946204
>
> And here's a strange one I took the other evening as I was driving up I-75:
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946205

Hmm... Is it just me or are those spots always in the same place?

P.R.Brady

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote:
>

>>Well sun worshipers, here's one I took today, taking advantage of some early
>>morning fog:
>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946204
>>
>>And here's a strange one I took the other evening as I was driving up I-75:
>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946205

> Hmm... Is it just me or are those spots always in the same place?

look like sunspots to me. Nice shots but do be cautious over eye damage
with shooting the sun!

Phil

Pete Lawrence

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 23:14:39 -0800, Kevin McMurtrie
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote:
>
>> Well sun worshipers, here's one I took today, taking advantage of some early
>> morning fog:
>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946204
>>
>> And here's a strange one I took the other evening as I was driving up I-75:
>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946205

>Hmm... Is it just me or are those spots always in the same place?

They are sunspots - take a look at today's image on
www.spaceweather.com

--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Annika1980

>From: Pete Lawrence (E-Mail Removed)

>>> Well sun worshipers, here's one I took today, taking advantage of some

>early
>>> morning fog:
>>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946204

>>Hmm... Is it just me or are those spots always in the same place?

>They are sunspots - take a look at today's image on
>www.spaceweather.com

Another Annika conspiracy theory bites the dust!

Who Rules?

Annika1980

>From: "Michael A. Covington" (E-Mail Removed)ess

>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946204
>
>Again, that 400mm lens is remarkable.
>
>I've taken the plunge. Last night I ordered a Digital Rebel.
>
>Soon to be shooting the stars with a Canon...

Atta baby! Another Canon convert!
Canon owes me another nickel.

Btw, make sure you get some good glass to put on your new baby.
Might even want to borrow or rent a 500mm or 600mm f/4. I wish I knew someone
who had one.

Michael A. Covington

>>I've taken the plunge. Last night I ordered a Digital Rebel.
>>
>>Soon to be shooting the stars with a Canon...

> Atta baby! Another Canon convert!
> Canon owes me another nickel.
>
> Btw, make sure you get some good glass to put on your new baby.
> Might even want to borrow or rent a 500mm or 600mm f/4. I wish I knew
> someone
> who had one.

For now, I'll be using a Nikon to EOS lens adapter with my Nikon 300/4 and
180/2.8 (both ED IF AF). I'm aware the Canon lenses are alleged to be even
better...

--
Clear skies,

Michael A. Covington
www.covingtoninnovations.com/astromenu.html

Michael A. Covington

> Btw, make sure you get some good glass to put on your new baby.
> Might even want to borrow or rent a 500mm or 600mm f/4. I wish I knew
> someone
> who had one.

There are 2 reasons I don't rent lenses for astrophotography.

(1) Anything bigger than about a 300/4 is likely to be too heavy to
piggyback on my 8-inch telescope. (I could try... it would require rigging
up counterweights.)

(2) Weather is unpredictable. There's maybe a 75% chance that if I pick a
date in advance, I won't actually get to do astrophotography then.

--

eawckyegcy@yahoo.com

wrote:

> There are 2 reasons I don't rent lenses for astrophotography.
>
> (1) Anything bigger than about a 300/4 is likely to be too heavy to
> piggyback on my 8-inch telescope. (I could try... it would require rigging
> up counterweights.)
>
> (2) Weather is unpredictable. There's maybe a 75% chance that if I pick a
> date in advance, I won't actually get to do astrophotography then.

(3) Never -- ever! -- rent, borrow, use, look through or perhaps even
touch any optic that you can't afford to buy.