Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > neutral neck-strap for d70?

neutral neck-strap for d70?

Robert Barr

> I prefer the Tamrac to the Optec, a little old school, maybe, but I like it.
> Black nylon strap with lightly padded sueded leather pad.
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=112416&is=REG

Hmm. Hard to tell from the listing, but the Optech has a thoughtful
feature: the quick connects are opposite in gender. You can detach the
main strap from the connecting straps, and then snap the connecting
straps together to form a handle.

I searched through a camera shop's entire stock and the Optech was the
only brand that provided that, as simple as it is.

Jeffery Harrison

> Hmm. Hard to tell from the listing, but the Optech has a thoughtful
> feature: the quick connects are opposite in gender. You can detach the
> main strap from the connecting straps, and then snap the connecting
> straps together to form a handle.
>
> I searched through a camera shop's entire stock and the Optech was the
> only brand that provided that, as simple as it is.

That's one of my favorite features of their straps. I use them on almost all
of my cameras (don't have one attached to my Mamiya 7, Voightlander or AE-1
but all my Nikon gear has them) and most of the time carry them around with
out the neck strap attached. The other nice feature about these straps (and
any strap with a quick release clip) is that I can have four bodies in my
bag but only have to have one strap for the lot of them.

Jeffery S. Harrison

sid derra

"photo35744" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_Dzid.86$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> Get a marks-a-lot. You really think that your strap will be the only

thing
> that attracts attention?
>
> "sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hey guys
> >
> > since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
> > thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that

loud.
> > so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
> > preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning

wouldnt
> > harm either but is no necessity.
> >
> > thanks a bunch!
> > sid

no, but it is the most noticable and easy to switch thing. i am aware of the
fact that this will not eliminate all risk.

sid

sid derra

"Robert Barr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news7Bid.2811$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Optech. Nice & comfortable, nondescript, & some of the models have
> removable clasps so you can use your camera without the strap.
>
> sid derra wrote:
> > hey guys
> >
> > since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
> > thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that

loud.
> > so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
> > preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning

wouldnt
> > harm either but is no necessity.
> >
> > thanks a bunch!
> > sid

thanks for this first _serious_ and _useful_ reply.
rock on.

sid derra

"Lee Hiers, AA4GA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 21:02:24 +0100, "sid derra"
> <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote:
>
> >since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
> >thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that

loud.
> >so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
> >preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning

wouldnt
> >harm either but is no necessity.

> I've used Tamrac N-45 straps for all my cameras for years. They are
> nylon webbing, but have a nice large suede pad...I find them quite
> comfortable.
>
> HTH,
>
> Lee

hi lee
thanks for the suggestion - ill check them out next time i get near a camera
store. he only downside is that i'd prefer to buy a leather-less strap, as i
am vegan. but who knows - half the time they use fake leather for products
like this anyway.

sid

Skip M

"Robert Barr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CODid.2824$(E-Mail Removed) ...

>> I prefer the Tamrac to the Optec, a little old school, maybe, but I like
>> it. Black nylon strap with lightly padded sueded leather pad.
>> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=112416&is=REG

> Hmm. Hard to tell from the listing, but the Optech has a thoughtful
> feature: the quick connects are opposite in gender. You can detach the
> main strap from the connecting straps, and then snap the connecting straps
> together to form a handle.
>
> I searched through a camera shop's entire stock and the Optech was the
> only brand that provided that, as simple as it is.

Actually Tamrac has something similar, but not opposite like Optec, and you
have to buy a separate piece.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Darrell Larose

Domke "Gripper" comes black or tan with rubber non slip pads on it.

"sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hey guys
>
> since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
> thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that loud.
> so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
> preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning wouldnt
> harm either but is no necessity.
>
> thanks a bunch!
> sid

---

Basic Wedge

I agree. I think Domke camera straps are the best you can get.

Rob

---------------------

"Darrell Larose" wrote ...
> Domke "Gripper" comes black or tan with rubber non slip pads on it.

MadHatter

I like the Boomerang Strap (N-27). It has a contoured Neoprene.

sid derra

"Basic Wedge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I agree. I think Domke camera straps are the best you can get.
>
> Rob

> "Darrell Larose" wrote ...
> > Domke "Gripper" comes black or tan with rubber non slip pads on it.

thanks a lot - will check them out!
sid