Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > neutral neck-strap for d70?

neutral neck-strap for d70?

sid derra

hey guys

since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that loud.
so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning wouldnt
harm either but is no necessity.

thanks a bunch!
sid

jimkramer

"sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hey guys
>
> since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
> thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that loud.
> so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
> preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning wouldnt
> harm either but is no necessity.
>
> thanks a bunch!
> sid

Are you ashamed to be using a Nikon?

sid derra

"jimkramer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cme2of$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hey guys
> >
> > since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
> > thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that

loud.
> > so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
> > preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning

wouldnt
> > harm either but is no necessity.
> >
> > thanks a bunch!
> > sid
> >

> Are you ashamed to be using a Nikon?

haha - no, im a "proud nikonian" - but i wouldnt want to attract people who
are interested in my equipment for free...

sid

ArtKramr

>Subject: Re: neutral neck-strap for d70?
>From: "sid derra" ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net
>Date: 11/4/2004 12:29 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>"jimkramer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:cme2of$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > hey guys
>> >
>> > since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
>> > thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that

>loud.
>> > so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
>> > preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning

>wouldnt
>> > harm either but is no necessity.
>> >
>> > thanks a bunch!
>> > sid
>> >

>> Are you ashamed to be using a Nikon?

>haha - no, im a "proud nikonian" - but i wouldnt want to attract people who
>are interested in my equipment for free...
>
>sid

You could always get a Leica strap instead.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

sid derra

"ArtKramr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Subject: Re: neutral neck-strap for d70?
> >From: "sid derra" ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net
> >Date: 11/4/2004 12:29 PM Pacific Standard Time
> >
> >"jimkramer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:cme2of$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> "sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

was

> >loud.

> >wouldnt

> >> Are you ashamed to be using a Nikon?

> >haha - no, im a "proud nikonian" - but i wouldnt want to attract people

who
> >are interested in my equipment for free...
> >
> >sid

> You could always get a Leica strap instead.

:-

AK

Turn it upside down.

"jimkramer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cme2of$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hey guys
>>
>> since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
>> thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that
>> loud.
>> so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
>> preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning
>> wouldnt
>> harm either but is no necessity.
>>
>> thanks a bunch!
>> sid
>>

> Are you ashamed to be using a Nikon?

photo35744

Get a marks-a-lot. You really think that your strap will be the only thing
that attracts attention?

"sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hey guys
>
> since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
> thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that loud.
> so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
> preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning wouldnt
> harm either but is no necessity.
>
> thanks a bunch!
> sid

Robert Barr

Optech. Nice & comfortable, nondescript, & some of the models have
removable clasps so you can use your camera without the strap.

sid derra wrote:
> hey guys
>
> since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
> thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that loud.
> so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
> preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning wouldnt
> harm either but is no necessity.
>
> thanks a bunch!
> sid

Lee Hiers, AA4GA

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 21:02:24 +0100, "sid derra"
<ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote:

>since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
>thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that loud.
>so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
>preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning wouldnt
>harm either but is no necessity.

I've used Tamrac N-45 straps for all my cameras for years. They are
nylon webbing, but have a nice large suede pad...I find them quite
comfortable.

HTH,

Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, GA

Skip M

"sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hey guys
>
> since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
> thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that loud.
> so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
> preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning wouldnt
> harm either but is no necessity.
>
> thanks a bunch!
> sid

I prefer the Tamrac to the Optec, a little old school, maybe, but I like it.
Black nylon strap with lightly padded sueded leather pad.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=112416&is=REG

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com