Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How to measure ink(toner) usage!

How to measure ink(toner) usage!

AVPSoft

If you have printer that you, understand that at a printing of a sheet
with the text and at a printing of a sheet with figure on all sheet,
the different quantity of toner (ink, ...). What does mean the
mysterious phrase in the instruction to the printer that it can print
with one cartridge 2000 sheets at filling a sheet on 14 % etc. This
program will help to count filling a sheet at a printing within 1 %
and it outputs results separately for gray gradation and color
gradation.

http://avpsoft.com/products/apfill to learn more
http://avpsoft.com/download/apfill.zip

Harvey

"AVPSoft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> If you have printer that you, understand that at a printing of a sheet
> with the text and at a printing of a sheet with figure on all sheet,
> the different quantity of toner (ink, ...). What does mean the
> mysterious phrase in the instruction to the printer that it can print
> with one cartridge 2000 sheets at filling a sheet on 14 % etc. This
> program will help to count filling a sheet at a printing within 1 %
> and it outputs results separately for gray gradation and color
> gradation.
>
> http://avpsoft.com/products/apfill to learn more
> http://avpsoft.com/download/apfill.zip

Yes........ what?

Roland Karlsson

"Harvey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:0Taid.416$HH2.121@newsfe4-
gui.ntli.net:

> Yes........ what?

This program is 100% bogus. Just a scam.

Moreover - it is not allowed to ad here for it in the first place.

/Roland

Graham Crawford

Hey...
Judging by the writing style, he must be the same guy who wrote the manual
to my first Japanese camera in 1969!

GC
"AVPSoft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> If you have printer that you, understand that at a printing of a sheet
> with the text and at a printing of a sheet with figure on all sheet,
> the different quantity of toner (ink, ...). What does mean the
> mysterious phrase in the instruction to the printer that it can print
> with one cartridge 2000 sheets at filling a sheet on 14 % etc. This
> program will help to count filling a sheet at a printing within 1 %
> and it outputs results separately for gray gradation and color
> gradation.
>
> http://avpsoft.com/products/apfill to learn more
> http://avpsoft.com/download/apfill.zip

schuetzen - RKBA!

Roland Karlsson wrote:

>This program is 100% bogus. Just a scam.
>
>Moreover - it is not allowed to ad here for it in the first place.

and... who is going to enforce that???
really, comments like that quoted above are really farcical and as much a waste
of bandwidth as this message stating the obvious fact that there is no
moderation thus, no enforcement of imagined rules.

I mean, who in hell is going to kick anyone off??

please, lets get serious and just ignore such debates. responding to them is
equally ridiculous.

fwiw
chas
--
chas
The new Canon DSLR elist. no trolls, etc

Roland Karlsson

schuetzen - RKBA! <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> and... who is going to enforce that???
> really, comments like that quoted above are really farcical and as
> much a waste of bandwidth as this message stating the obvious fact
> that there is no moderation thus, no enforcement of imagined rules.
>
> I mean, who in hell is going to kick anyone off??

Calm down. No one can kick any one off. But - it is not allowed
according to the charter and I told the poster so.

> please, lets get serious and just ignore such debates. responding to
> them is equally ridiculous.

You just made yourself ridiculous

/Roland

Robert

I know

Weigh the cartage, and weigh the paper first, then weigh the paper after it
comes out from the printer,
now subtract the weight the paper had gained from the original ink supply.
Keep tabs on the amount used
and add them up.
Ha Ha

news:Jqbid.20457$(E-Mail Removed). ..

Robert wrote:

> I know
>
> Weigh the cartage, and weigh the paper first, then weigh the paper after it
> comes out from the printer,
> now subtract the weight the paper had gained from the original ink supply.
> Keep tabs on the amount used
> and add them up.
> Ha Ha

As trivial is it seems... The ability to quote the consumption of toner
is a real world necesatity for anyone running a digital print shop. I
ran 100 A3 page photos off my new printer and the software reported 95%
of the toner remaining. This supposedly allowed me to gauge the cost of
printing those photos. The trick of course is to know taht cyan is used
twice as fast as the other colours and black is 160% of the colours.

Anyway... Without buying some crappy program, I an able to get a ball
park figure on toner usage and add enough profit margin to cover any
errors. No rocket science, just common sense.

Doug

AVPSoft

"..." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Robert wrote:
>
> > I know
> >
> > Weigh the cartage, and weigh the paper first, then weigh the paper after it
> > comes out from the printer,
> > now subtract the weight the paper had gained from the original ink supply.
> > Keep tabs on the amount used
> > and add them up.
> > Ha Ha
> >

> As trivial is it seems... The ability to quote the consumption of toner
> is a real world necesatity for anyone running a digital print shop. I
> ran 100 A3 page photos off my new printer and the software reported 95%
> of the toner remaining. This supposedly allowed me to gauge the cost of
> printing those photos. The trick of course is to know taht cyan is used
> twice as fast as the other colours and black is 160% of the colours.
>
> Anyway... Without buying some crappy program, I an able to get a ball
> park figure on toner usage and add enough profit margin to cover any
> errors. No rocket science, just common sense.
>
> Doug

First of all - sorry my english

It isn't bogus - this utility was developed and is used in digital
print shop for calculating printing price in dependence on sheet color
coverage (0..100%) and color intensity and many other parameters.

It doesn't show results in litres and ink remaining.

It can estimate page color coverage as a percentage (0..100%) and
average color in RGB (about CMYK read
http://avpsoft.com/products/apfill/faq/), so for YOUR printer you can
estimate cost price (to a first approximation).

Ink usage depends on many things (paper, cartridge, printing mode,...)
but IMHO page color coverage as a percentage (0..100%) is a major and
measurable parameter.

This software is try befor you buy so it cannot be a SCAM.
You can test it before spend your money.

2Doug: Sometime clients want to know how do you calculate your price
and "common sense" isn't answer.

how to measure power dissipated in a digital circuit Christopher Denis VHDL 4 01-30-2005 07:10 AM
Measure delay end-to-end Dave Cisco 1 07-20-2004 12:51 PM
Tools to measure the effective bandwidth Chris Cisco 2 12-03-2003 12:35 PM
MCSD.net, Measure-Up Practice Exams Bryan MCSD 3 08-18-2003 02:51 PM

Advertisments