Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Does CISCO has virus scanning capabilities?

Does CISCO has virus scanning capabilities?

Joe

Hi
I was looking for one of cisco products, and I went through ASA-5520
product.
I read some lines talking about "protection against and/or block
network viruses".
So, this is marketing statement for me, and I'm not sure if this covers
my need.
I wanted to know specifically does this mean that any HTTP, FTP and
Mail viruses?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
Joe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:I was looking for one of cisco products, and I went through ASA-5520
roduct.
:I read some lines talking about "protection against and/or block
:network viruses".
:So, this is marketing statement for me, and I'm not sure if this covers
:my need.
:I wanted to know specifically does this mean that any HTTP, FTP and
:Mail viruses?

Difficult to tell without looking into the reference material.
It appears that there is something non-trivial there, but I'm not
clear exactly what just yet.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...d802c1d00.html

Looks like it requires that an AIM-SSM be present.
--
"I want to make sure [a user] can't get through ... an online
experience without hitting a Microsoft ad"

Merv

Certain versions of IOS can perform "deep" packet inspect using NBAR
and PDLMs. L