Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > FS: Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF Nikkor Lens

FS: Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF Nikkor Lens

George Sand

Like new, many photos and details here:

http://liquidsamba.com/fs.php?keyword=50mm

Hunt

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, gsand@facematch
..com says...

>Like new, many photos and details here:
>
>http://liquidsamba.com/fs.php?keyword=50mm

George,

You might have better response if you post to rec.photo.marketplace.35mm.
First, this is a discussion NG, and being "digital," most would find that your
lens doesn't function properly, even if the have a Nikon D2x. Just a friendly
pointer.

Hunt

Graham Holden

On 2 Nov 2004 23:35:02 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Hunt) wrote:

>George,
>
>You might have better response if you post to rec.photo.marketplace.35mm.
>First, this is a discussion NG, and being "digital," most would find that your
>lens doesn't function properly, even if the have a Nikon D2x. Just a friendly
>pointer.
>
>Hunt

Genuine question: in what way would this lens not function "properly" on a
digital camera? While this isn't the current "D" version of the lens,
according to my newly-bought D70's instruction book, all you would lose is
the D70's "3d" metering mode (plus of course it effectively becomes a 75mm
lens).

I'm new to dSLRs, so if I'm missing anything, please let me know.

Regards,

Jeremy Nixon

Hunt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> You might have better response if you post to rec.photo.marketplace.35mm.
> First, this is a discussion NG, and being "digital," most would find that
> your lens doesn't function properly, even if the have a Nikon D2x. Just a
> friendly pointer.

The lens will work just fine. On the assumption that it's the "D" that you
expect to see after the aperture, that does *not* mean "digital".

But this still isn't the place to post for-sale ads, as you say.

--
Jeremy | (E-Mail Removed)

David Dyer-Bennet

Graham Holden <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> On 2 Nov 2004 23:35:02 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Hunt) wrote:
>
>>George,
>>
>>You might have better response if you post to
>>rec.photo.marketplace.35mm. First, this is a discussion NG, and
>>being "digital," most would find that your lens doesn't function
>>properly, even if the have a Nikon D2x. Just a friendly pointer.

> Genuine question: in what way would this lens not function
> "properly" on a digital camera? While this isn't the current "D"
> version of the lens, according to my newly-bought D70's instruction
> book, all you would lose is the D70's "3d" metering mode (plus of
> course it effectively becomes a 75mm lens).

I see no reason to expect any kind of problem. I routinely use AF-D,
AF, and AI lenses on my Fuji S2 (which is an N80 body in front of the
Fuji Electronics). The literature on the D70 gives it very similar
lens compatibility rules as the D100 and the S2.